Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

Should be the last one, you'd think.

you’d think.

PM LOT AFD sums it up:

“From a broader view, national satellite
imagery bolstered by RAP-analyzed height fields depict an expansive summer-like ridge across much of the United States with the apex of mid-level heights over the central Plains. The pattern sure looks more like July than September!”
——
Latest 90 in Chicago is 10/6/63 (94). Looks cool through the first, so I’d be willing to wager $20 this was the last.

Just had the loudest storm of the year IMBY.  Probably over a dozen strikes within a mile or less, 2 almost right on top of me.  Glad I was home to unplug the appliances.  I feel like larger apartment buildings are usually heavily grounded and protected from surges but houses with above-ground wires can get zapped.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Some of the 90°+ high temps from across the area today...

94 MDW

93 Home

90 RFD

90°+ day tally for the year...
28 - MDW
20 - RFD
19 - Ex-Home
17 - Current Home
16 - ORD

MDW rose from 84 to 94 between 3 pm-5 pm (really between 3 and just after 4 pm).  Impressive feat to pull off at this time of year.

4 hours ago, Hoosier said:

96 in Cedar Rapids, which ties their hottest reading this year as we close in on the equinox.  Corn must have been harvested.  :P

I was just about to post about today's CR temp.  I thought for sure the airport would hit 97º intra-hour, but nope.  It was hot, but the dew was tolerable and the wind helped.  Plus, the sun fades much earlier in the evening this time of year.  The front will sweep through early tomorrow morning and that will be it for summer, at least for a while.

Looks like we finish with 20 AOA 90 degree days for both here and at MLI.  4 days AOA 80 degree dewpoint here, and 3 days at MLI.

Hottest temp of the year at MLI was 98 on 6/21, and here the hottest temp was 97 also on 6/21.  

Interestingly the hottest temp of the year at DVN came on May 12th with 97.