• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

Although a rip and read of the teleconnections wouldn't necessarily support it, the pattern over at least the next 1-2 weeks looks to evolve in a way that makes it more likely than not to lead to it being a warmer than average month for a good part of the region, imo.  The declining averages should also help the cause in my view... for example, bascially any high above 80 is warmer than average for areas north of I-80 or so.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Let's see if Chi Storm will be bold enough to say no 90s at ORD this month.  :guitar:

I think there are 1 or 2 opportunities coming up very soon.

It worked out this month, but I'm not touching that for Sept.

As you mentioned, there's a few opportunities coming up... Thur-Sat is the first window of opportunity, and then again *possibly* later next week/following weekend for the next window. That second period is far less certain, with tropical/cut-off ULL potential somewhere.

45 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

It worked out this month, but I'm not touching that for Sept.

As you mentioned, there's a few opportunities coming up... Thur-Sat is the first window of opportunity, and then again *possibly* later next week/following weekend for the next window. That second period is far less certain, with tropical/cut-off ULL potential somewhere.

Honestly, I could see ORD getting 88-89'd Thu-Sat, but hopefully will add to the 90 tally.

20 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

MDW was the only location to tag 90 in NE IL today.

90°+ day tally for the year...

26 - MDW
19 - RFD
19 - Ex-Home
16 - ORD
16 - Current Home

I may have to dig in to how many years MDW has had at least 10 more 90+ degree days than ORD.  It's looking like a real possibility this year as it takes some special circumstances for ORD to make 90 and not MDW, so unlikely that ORD will close the gap at all.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I may have to dig in to how many years MDW has had at least 10 more 90+ degree days than ORD.  It's looking like a real possibility this year as it takes some special circumstances for ORD to make 90 and not MDW, so unlikely that ORD will close the gap at all.

Even taking into account how MDW can be, I'd imagine it hasn't happened too much.