Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

We did too. Snow is still falling. Currently 8.4° here.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

LOL, this is why mountain folks should never be led down the primrose path to spring fever during February:sun:

Bottomed out at 22.6 F IMBY; normal low down here in the valley for mid-January is 26 F.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

When I left the house it was 21 degrees this morning at 4 am. We had on and off snow showers through the night with a light dusting. 

Low of 15 for me, don’t know about any accumulation as I stayed off the mountain overnight but did have flakes flying from Waynesville to Canton last night when taking people home.

• Like 2

Just now, WxKnurd said:

Low of 15 for me, don’t know about any accumulation as I stayed off the mountain overnight but did have flakes flying from Waynesville to Canton last night when taking people home.

Yeah with the cloud cover the temp didn't drop really quickly until right when I was leaving and that was when it was beginning to clear out. No two ways about it. This is very cold for this time of the year.

• Like 2

Not ground weather related but space weather news.

Caught the auroras last night up north of Boone. 3rd time seeing them from down here which is awesome. Eventually I'll get a chance to go north and see the big ones. FB_IMG_1679636090398.thumb.jpg.78b8953788a0d428566ba8df63c9f485.jpgFB_IMG_1679636096247.thumb.jpg.a4b5b0c0878bd857684eae7587e499c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Man oh man I wish I had known about that. I'm envious of those pics. They're great shots, Tyler!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyler Penland said:

Not ground weather related but space weather news.

Caught the auroras last night up north of Boone. 3rd time seeing them from down here which is awesome. Eventually I'll get a chance to go north and see the big ones. FB_IMG_1679636090398.jpgFB_IMG_1679636096247.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

That is awesome. 

I, too am jealous.