• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Well the models have trended like crap this weekend.  This has been a horrendous pattern really since December.  I might need to move out west if this is going to be the norm. Especially with a negative pdo which last decades. The SER has been an immovable force this winter as well. A lot of just bad upper atmosphere drivers this winter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Well the models have trended like crap this weekend.  This has been a horrendous pattern really since December.  I might need to move out west if this is going to be the norm. Especially with a negative pdo which last decades. The SER has been an immovable force this winter as well. A lot of just bad upper atmosphere drivers this winter.

I bet next winter will be the same. Probably take another winter like this one before we climb all the way back out of the crapper. Nothing tells me next winter el nino or another la nina 4th in a row if that happened will be any different. Just a bad vibe this winter pattern will continue for awhile for us and out west will reign supreme and if the cold does come south it will go due south straight to Texas. I don't know if we ever break out of this kind of pattern in winters to come. The way it's looking and feeling it might take years to break. I have no idea how that Christmas cold snap materialized. I bet we don't sniff cold like that again for another 5-10 years if we're lucky.

Just now, Jmoon said:

I bet next winter will be the same. Probably take another winter like this one before we climb all the way back out of the crapper. Nothing tells me next winter el nino or another la nina 4th in a row if that happened will be any different. Just a bad vibe this winter pattern will continue for awhile for us and out west will reign supreme and if the cold does come south it will go due south straight to Texas. I don't know if we ever break out of this kind of pattern in winters to come. The way it's looking and feeling it might take years to break. I have no idea how that Christmas cold snap materialized. I bet we don't sniff cold like that again for another 5-10 years if we're lucky.

Eh it's hard to tell. The pattern will change hopefully.  There are a ton of variables but I do think that we will be stuck with a bad Pacific for a few years. Something about everything balancing out in the west. They had severe drought for several years and now I think they are going to have some really big surpluses the next several winters which really they need.

• Like 1