• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

All those getting snow enjoy, not looking good for my place right now to see anything more than some mood flakes.  Feels like an above 4000-4500’ storm as it stands right now here in NE Haywood.  Ah what could have been overnight, maybe the deform band will save this area later this morning and afternoon. 

• Like 3

Was trying to find this data yesterday and couldn’t but Ski Southeast posted numbers that show how terrible this winter has been snow wise for everyone in the Apps from WV southward. So even those of us with elevation are hurting this year.  Don’t know the worst year in terms of snowfall in the last 20 years but I feel like year to date this has to be up there.  Let this hybrid La Niña die a fast, painful death not to return for a few years.

https://www.skisoutheast.com/the-snow-drought-continues/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Was trying to find this data yesterday and couldn’t but Ski Southeast posted numbers that show how terrible this winter has been snow wise for everyone in the Apps from WV southward. So even those of us with elevation are hurting this year.  Don’t know the worst year in terms of snowfall in the last 20 years but I feel like year to date this has to be up there.  Let this hybrid La Niña die a fast, painful death not to return for a few years.

https://www.skisoutheast.com/the-snow-drought-continues/

How about never returning.  I was hoping this would be a good snow for everyone.  I don't look for another chance this winter the way its going.  Boy Thursday night models were looking good then Friday went down hill.  I was hoping for at least four inches then I would say come on spring.  I haven't seen a flake of snow out of this and probably won't.  I'm sure we'll turn cold in a couple of weeks and won't be able to find a low anywhere close.  :axe:

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

The wv loop sure is impressive to look at this morning. 837e85a9ec2ee309e0aac4bbbab19e19.gif

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

The part that makes me sick is that if I went back in time to a week ago and sent everyone that imagery, we’d all expect to be counting snowfall in feet right now. 9 times out of 10, that setup is cash money for this end of NC. I wouldn’t have pictured cold air being completely non-existent on this entire side of the continent in the middle of Feb. 

• Like 6