SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Just now, Met1985 said:

The 18z gfs snowfall map. sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Can I cash out now? For whatever reason and whatever happens with this weekend, I think we have a few more surprises in store between now and May.  Odds say we are due for a big storm in March, mountains seem to average a big one (I’d even say one that has blizzard conditions) about every 30 years it seems (Haywood had ‘34 or ‘36, then you had the end of February and March of 1960 with the 3 straight weeks of storms and finally everyone knows ‘93).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Can I cash out now? For whatever reason and whatever happens with this weekend, I think we have a few more surprises in store between now and May.  Odds say we are due for a big storm in March, mountains seem to average a big one (I’d even say one that has blizzard conditions) about every 30 years it seems (Haywood had ‘34 or ‘36, then you had the end of February and March of 1960 with the 3 straight weeks of storms and finally everyone knows ‘93).

Yeah I think spring starts late.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

With the euro bringing the mjo into phase 8 towards the end of the month then we have a possible major ssw coming. Also we might get a Nino spring which is usually cold for us. I really don't see signs of spring in the future. 

• Like 2