Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Obviously we aren't in a great pattern now and we still managed to see snow accumulations from 1 inch all the way up to 2 feet. Really it only takes a few storms to make our average around here and the foothills.  Hopefully we get a synoptic storm but this pattern currently is more conducive for upslope flow snow. 

Genuinely asking, how many winters has our area ever gone wire to wire with no kind of synoptic event, even if just a minor marginal temps slop fest? It maybe selfish, but living where I do, fropa and flow snow is never going to get me excited. My town has never had a winter without measurable snowfall on record, and I am cautiously optimistic that this streak will live on.

1 hour ago, SnowDawg said:

Genuinely asking, how many winters has our area ever gone wire to wire with no kind of synoptic event, even if just a minor marginal temps slop fest? It maybe selfish, but living where I do, fropa and flow snow is never going to get me excited. My town has never had a winter without measurable snowfall on record, and I am cautiously optimistic that this streak will live on.

Yeah it is very rare. More so lately but there are so many variables I really cannot put my finger on it. Im optimistic we see some type of synoptic storm this winter eventually to where everyone can cash in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Truthfully im not impressed with the upcoming pattern.  Everything cuts then get have a cold front then back to warmth because majority of the cold air is in the Rockies. Im just about done with January at this point.  Things have not trended well.

Exactly. The writing is on the wall..It would take 4 or 5 good events to get us back on track for a good winter. This is gonna be tough.

3 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Exactly. The writing is on the wall..It would take 4 or 5 good events to get us back on track for a good winter. This is gonna be tough.

If it continues as is, this winter would be a top 3 worst of all time since I have lived here. (35 years)

Even 2019/20 had a dusting of snow. 2012/13 had accumulating sleet/ice. Only flurries so far this year. The only other that was this bad was 2011/12. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snowbird1230 said:

Yeah the so called pattern change is not going to come to fruition until probably March.... There has been a recurring theme that has repeated since September. And that is exactly what we are looking at. At this point the only way we get a synoptic storm is threading the needle on a storm because we are getting plenty of moisture in here.

Yeah the so called pattern change is not going to come to fruition until probably March.... There has been a recurring them that has repeated since September. And that is exactly what we are looking at. At this point the only way we get a synoptic storm is threading the needle on a storm because we are getting plenty of moisture in here.
Yeah when a track like this upcoming weekend brings rain to all of us you know it's a crap pattern.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
2 hours ago, Met1985 said:
Yeah the so called pattern change is not going to come to fruition until probably March.... There has been a recurring them that has repeated since September. And that is exactly what we are looking at. At this point the only way we get a synoptic storm is threading the needle on a storm because we are getting plenty of moisture in here.

Yeah when a track like this upcoming weekend brings rain to all of us you know it's a crap pattern.

Yep.

2 hours ago, wncsnow said:

If it continues as is, this winter would be a top 3 worst of all time since I have lived here. (35 years)

Even 2019/20 had a dusting of snow. 2012/13 had accumulating sleet/ice. Only flurries so far this year. The only other that was this bad was 2011/12. 

At least you have had flurries. I've been skunked so far just like 2011-12. Sure not looking good for these parts right now.