• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

If you don't like the looks of the weeklies or trust them then look at the ensembles currently.  All three of the major long range models have a positive PNA and a negative epo pattern setting up around the 20th of this month. To me that's some pretty good signs but to other the damn sky is falling everyday....

I posted this in the main thread to try to inject something other than doom and gloom but to me this is great news especially it being with the ensembles. 

• Like 4

The storm that turned me into snow hound. I was 9 at the time. Ive (and most folks) been chasing this set up every since :)

I was in Rutherford County at the time (still live here). 

93 and 96 was close. But nothing has even compared (IMO) to the storm in 88. 

Not sure where to access SC Maps fthough. I know GSP netted a foot in this storm. 

ID_119.gif

• Like 8

The 12z gfs looks great for the border counties. This is all going to be a backside storm now. The low runs up into Ohio and just kind of stalls for a bit allowing lots of energy to move through on the trough right into the mountains.  This is not going to be a synoptic storm unless something drastic changes which I don't see happening.  This looks like the best setup for upslope snow we've seen this season.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Also looking at the 12z eps it looks damn good right after the 20th. The eps has been showing this for several runs so hopefully we can see this change come to fruition.  Cmc ensembles are looking great as well and the slow as hell gefs is latching onto the idea.

There is a signal. I'll give you that. I also like where the MJO is headed. Let's get this inside 7 days and then we can breathe a little easier.

20 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

There is a signal. I'll give you that. I also like where the MJO is headed. Let's get this inside 7 days and then we can breathe a little easier.

I mean I understand people's frustration but it's January the 8th and people are acting like it's the end of the damn world.  It's freaking weather.  If you cannot keep your shit together then don't post....

• Like 2