• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

This may or may not work out but not sure I'd hit the panic button a week out.  But agree that getting skunked from Christmas to mid-jan is pretty brutal.  And February has been crappy for the last several years but maybe this year is better.  

Separately, Brad seems surprisingly bullish here for the weekend.  Yeah there could be some flakes flying and they were able to refresh the slopes with some man-made snow but not seeing much in the way of actual snow.  

This one is a long ways from over. The Gfs transferring the Low from the Ohio valley to Coastal NC won’t happen. The more southern solutions seems plausible at this point in time. Enjoy the ride on this one we are going to see big time swings, but someone up here is going to get hammered imo Friday and into Saturday.

• Like 10

It is absolutely ridiculous how close tomorrow/Sunday is to all snow above 3000ft. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some spots never change over (looking at you bucket).

I was noticing that. The 18z 3km Nam doesn't have me climbing above 35 the entire weekend and there's not much of a warm nose on the profiles. Could be interesting!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I was noticing that. The 18z 3km Nam doesn't have me climbing above 35 the entire weekend and there's not much of a warm nose on the profiles. Could be interesting!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

On the TT maps it starts as ice along the escarpment and it keep a rain/snow mix almost the entire time around Boone. Just 1C more.....
  • Like 2