Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

12 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

I can’t think of any other mountainous area in the lower 48 that has as varied weather over such short distances. This month alone I’ve seen it clear back towards Crabtree Bald, some clouds at my house coming over the top of the ridge and then the Buncombe side be socked in. 

Yeah just like this Friday was. The microclimate around the mountains are fascinating. 

• Like 2

Just wanted to say that life is so fickle sometimes and we really do not know how long we have on this earth.  At a snap of a finger everything can change forever.  With Jeremy Renners accident,  Damar Hamlin collapsing on the field and the death of one of the most talented rally car racers ever in Ken Block, don't take a minute in life for granted...

• Like 9

Obviously this is a highly unlikely scenario with the Euro and CMC. However, if we were to ever get a storm like that, this would be the scenario. A massive upper low and associated coastal crawling up the coast throwing tons of moisture off the Atlantic and Gulf piling up against the Blue Ridge and Apps. It's basically what happened in January 2016 and December 2018. Most of our areas 2 biggest storms the past 10 years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Obviously this is a highly unlikely scenario with the Euro and CMC. However, if we were to ever get a storm like that, this would be the scenario. A massive upper low and association coastal crawling up the coast throwing tons of moisture off the Atlantic and Gulf piling up against the Blue Ridge and Apps. It's basically what happened in January 2016 and December 2018. Most of our areas 2 biggest storms the past 10 years. 

Your right. Me and you and strongwxnc might actually have a shot at something.  I'm afraid to go to bed and see the models tomorrow after seeing this.