• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

I have folks close to me without power. We are running good here and I hope it continues.
Glad we installed ventless gas logs back in 08. They work great to regulate the temp in the house.

I think my bottom is going to be 8.1 lowest wind chill was -10.7 last night.
Time to check on the horses and chickens!

• Like 2

Well, I spoke too soon. My hot water froze. Took an hour or so but I got it thawed out. I love pex.

We picked up about .5-.75" of additional snow last night as well, but I've been too busy to measure what's on the ground. Not a bad little ~4" event, but Russia can have their weather back for a while.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Parents have a busted pipe in Hickory, I’ve got faucets dripping while I’m gone but the way the pipe is ran in my home shouod keep any issues to a minimum as there is only one 5’ run of exterior wall pipe running and that’s for the hose bib and runs down the CMU block wall in the garage.  Temp shot up quick, was 16 when I left at 11:30.

• Like 1

you know it never fails when it gets as cold as it is now it seems to guard against any snowstorms coming in.  We are better off to be around 25 to 33 degrees so a storm will enter our area .  This way the storm isn't shoved to Mexico or its not so dry, is what you get when its this cold.  Threading the needle isn't the word for it, its worse than that.  :snowwindow:

• Like 2

Parents have a busted pipe in Hickory, I’ve got faucets dripping while I’m gone but the way the pipe is ran in my home shouod keep any issues to a minimum as there is only one 5’ run of exterior wall pipe running and that’s for the hose bib and runs down the CMU block wall in the garage.  Temp shot up quick, was 16 when I left at 11:30.
Came home last night after Christmas Eve service to water pouring into basement from a busted pipe. Yuck! Not how I envisioned spending the evening: cleaning up water. Now, I just have to repair it in the next day or so to make our home livable again. Gonna put in pex where I take out the old pipe section and get it away from the block wall.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 7