Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

13 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Now I’m wondering if I’m starting to have radar hallucinations. Did runs have that much moisture to our south and west? @Met1985got me hahahaha

No this was the issue the further the front marched towards us the drier the system got but we have seen across the whole country the models have been underperforming with the cold and the moisture across the whole country. 

Just now, Met1985 said:

No this was the issue the further the front marched towards us the drier the system got but we have seen across the whole country the models have been underperforming with the cold and the moisture across the whole country. 

Key to watch is the convective type nature of showers in central AL as to how they progress when the swing takes place. Those hold together that’s where I’ll be very interested. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

I can't believe Waynesville is so much warmer than I am. Crazy.  Still sitting at 33 degrees. 

It’s your dang hollar up there, it’s where all the cold goes in Haywood haha.  Think we are sitting pretty for a surprise, just hope I get home tonight before it happens!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Where you at? Pretty calm over here in Foscoe. I live more or less in a hole though just a quarter mile off the Watauga River so we are decently protected from wind.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I’m just down the mtn in Burke these days! For some reason it won’t let me make a new profile name. I need to make a new account soon and start from scratch since it’ll likely be years before I have a high elevation place again. 

• Like 1