• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

I’m in Fincastle VA at the foot of the Alleghenies. Close to about 50 miles the way the crow flies from West VA. It’s looking like we can squeeze in a couple of inches. Hoping for some decent CAD to get us to snow quicker Friday. Whatever falls will stick and stay through Christmas. Trying to be a glass half full guy here. Lol 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Not going to happen on the euro.  This pattern change has been nice getting back to normal lol. Honestly we will do better in January. 

Modeling aside, I’m with Hunter’s thinking that this Friday system isn’t gonna start to be cemented until Tuesday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxKnurd said:

Modeling aside, I’m with Hunter’s thinking that this Friday system isn’t gonna start to be cemented until Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

Nothing worse than rain then flash freeze and bitter cold with no snow. Better to be warm and sunny for Christmas. 

Oh yeah im not giving up but all the models have been atrocious with this pattern setup even the damn Euro. It's not the king because in the mid range it was clueless especially on the PAC side. The gfs really has been very consistent the past few days with the euro literature moving lows 700 miles from run to run. We very well may see something pop once we get 2 to 3 days from a system coming through.  Seems like the more upgrades the worst the models get...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The GFS was showing a huge snowstorm. Not the time to brag about it either. 

The Euro moved the low from the coast of NE to west of Chicago in one model run... I don't think that any model should really be bragged about but that's my personal opinion. And anyone outside the mountains thinking they are going to get a huge snow being shown 7 days plus out must be smoking some good stuff. 

• Like 3