Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

This run is much better for us. Instead of getting the whole tpv coming down on us we get a piece that breaks off and rotates down and  at hour 186 and looks to have some energy with it.

Yep that's what we need. If the whole thing comes down the upslope area will still do well but piedmont and foothills likely wont 

• Like 1

We’ll know how legit this is soon enough. The true big dogs are hunted a week out and waiver very little. I’ll never forget how the Dec 2018 had those preposterous runs 7-8 days out that we all scoffed at and it didn’t blink once that week. 
Exactly! That storm was a surety!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

GEFS also hinting at snowfall for the Monday night and Tuesday timeframe.  The models don't have a total grip on this pattern change, I could see a few sneaky events.  Flurries might not stop for a while after they begin in the high elevations sometime Saturday.  Fun times ahead, doesn't feel like we have seen a pattern like this in quite some time.

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, Hvward said:

GEFS also hinting at snowfall for the Monday night and Tuesday timeframe.  The models don't have a total grip on this pattern change, I could see a few sneaky events.  Flurries might not stop for a while after they begin in the high elevations sometime Saturday.  Fun times ahead, doesn't feel like we have seen a pattern like this in quite some time.

Yes sir! Been preaching this a lot over the past few weeks. Good to see you pop in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxKnurd said:

Anyone wanna come shovel my deck for me if things come to fruition since I’m recovering from a broken ankle for another 5 weeks? Lol.

Was socked in with clouds off and on rising up the mountain til about 2 pm, turned into a pretty day after that.  

Hope you heal up quickly and enjoy the snow if we are lucky enough to get some for Christmas no less. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxKnurd said:

Anyone wanna come shovel my deck for me if things come to fruition since I’m recovering from a broken ankle for another 5 weeks? Lol.

Was socked in with clouds off and on rising up the mountain til about 2 pm, turned into a pretty day after that.  

If you have snow when I come back from Charleston the Thursday after Christmas ill come help. Just let me know.  

• Like 2