• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Current temp is down to 27 degrees with heavy frost. Todays high now is 48... One thing im noticing is that temps are getting tapered down a lot come the day of. Just like this mornings low was only supposed to be 34 degrees and today's high just a few days ago was supposed to be 64 degrees. Instead we have seen a 15 degree to colder and if the overnight euro is correct then the warmth we were supposed to get will be muted greatly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Current temp is down to 27 degrees with heavy frost. Todays high now is 48... One thing im noticing is that temps are getting tapered down a lot come the day of. Just like this mornings low was only supposed to be 34 degrees and today's high just a few days ago was supposed to be 64 degrees. Instead we have seen a 15 degree to colder and if the overnight euro is correct then the warmth we were supposed to get will be muted greatly.

Yep. Typically what happens when a block sets up. Models usually adjust south with Systems as well.

Our biggest worry is a connect with the SER and -NAO. If that doesn't happen we may be in business in a week to 10 days snow wise. 

• Like 1

Good morning! It is that time of year again and I hope to make a trip to the mountains again this year for a storm. I have a quick question in regards to GEFS/EPS maps. What is the best station in regards to the location of Lake Toxaway/Highlands North Carolina for me to keep bookmarked on my weather model page? 

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The hell with the gfs currently.  Been doing a lot of reading and I don't think the gfs has a clue on what's going on with the blocking pattern taking shape.  I think the euro has a better grasp on things.

No doubt. Run to run throws many different options around for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Once again I see my highs getting pushed back 10 to 15 degrees from the NWS. I still have yet to break 60 this week with heavy fog and rain. We were supposed to be near 70 all week. Looks like we will be right near normal after today. 

It has been like this since September for me ..highs have yet to verify . We need an explanation 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

I think we can safely say any drought worries are over. Next week look Cloudy and cool across the Mountains until a strong cold front arrives late next week. I believe the period from around the 18th until the end of December will bring snow showers every 3 to 5 days and the possibility of at least a couple of big storms during the Christmas Holiday period. We need the cold and snow. It's beginning to impact the typically busy Christmas into New Year Holiday Season regarding tourists. We have 2 Airbnb rentals that are booked, but no advanced bookings at all in January for our typical Cataloochee and Tube World visitors. 

Yeah this weather has been depressing at best but yes much needed rainfall for sure. Literally days and days of rainfall and clouds and fog. I enjoy this weather really but I'd rather see clouds and days and days of snow lol. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Met1985 said:

We are finally seeing the effects of the blocking and the ridge bridge over the top. The 12z GEFS was the coldest run here in the region that we have seen. The cmc is very cold for us also and all this is in the 7 to 9 day range so we are for sure moving forward.  

IF the projected Pattern pans out, the CMC would be the winner at range irt the Operationals. It has constantly projected the very cold Pattern.

• Like 4