Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Made it to 20.3 this morning.
Currently 29.1/26.0.

No interest in freezing rain, just bring me a cold rain. NAM/HRRR are very underwhelming for any impactful totals, especially the latest runs. I'm surprised the NWS has me getting up to an inch of snow, don't see that happening.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also probably along the border some may see some rain turning to snow briefly.  Current temp in my hood is 42 so it'll take a bit of work here.
I've dropped 4 degrees in the last 25 minutes to 37, so maybe. What a raw day.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

European is markedly better than the GFS for a clipper right after Thanksgiving. Euro punts the midweek rain. So, the Euro shows great snowmaking followed by some natural snow showers in the Mountains.

Black Friday opt outside. If the forecast holds, the choice is clear.  In contrast to tracking zig-zags; usually, a big flip in the continental pattern like that holds. :ski:

• Like 8

Hey crew. I'm just over the hill in TN but figured I may start poking my head in here as my weather coincides with this thread most times. 

12z gfs finally came around to an extremely borderline but pretty significant NW event this weekend. 

829541BE-3472-4990-9504-8B6EF44D77CE.thumb.png.b71cab8b47c4af6376d48fba2f4b7436.png
Welcome to the group! What part of the border area are you in? And I know what you mean, I pay more attention to KMRX than I do KGSP forecast wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Welcome to the group! What part of the border area are you in? And I know what you mean, I pay more attention to KMRX than I do KGSP forecast wise.

I'm in Unicoi County. Below Beauty Spot in Rock Creek area. 2,000 elevation on the nose. I do surprisingly well in NW events considering I'm not very high up. 

An amazingly complex climate in the Southern Appalachians. Pretty fun to see all the local snow "hot spots." And how it varies so much.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Youre just a stone'sthrow from me. I'm on the south SE slope of Big Bald in Yancey County about ¼ mile from the border. You live in a good spot with the valley upstream of you.

Fantastic! Hoping for a great winter here! Yeah flow is mostly unimpeded for me even down low!

• Like 1

When I left for work I was down to 14 degrees.  The GFS I have no clue what it's doing but it lost the storm again.  The Euro has been steady so far with the storm this Friday.  The EPS is heading in the right direction at the end of the period.  We will have a mild period at the first of December but I do think we step down in the middle of the month.

• Like 4

When I left for work I was down to 14 degrees.  The GFS I have no clue what it's doing but it lost the storm again.  The Euro has been steady so far with the storm this Friday.  The EPS is heading in the right direction at the end of the period.  We will have a mild period at the first of December but I do think we step down in the middle of the month.
Woke up to a balmy 32 here at 4400 in Wolf. Looks like GSP isn't paying the GFS too much attention for Friday. b9f0724b3f4a74febde921f2353654f7.jpg

• Like 2