Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

4 hours ago, wncsnow said:

November looks to be well above average. We may not get another freeze until the end of the month. 

I have been looking at the gfs ensembles and they are saying pattern change mid month.  The euro Weeklies are kind of hinting at this as well but I'd say if we do see a significant pattern change it will be the first of December. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Kinda boring weather wise right now (we won't talk about the end of the 18z GFS), so check out my backyard today! The first two were around 11am of a new 8 point I've never seen. Then another new absolute unit of an 8 point showed up this afternoon with two 6 pointers in tow.

As you can see, we had a bumper crop of acorns this year.a77d0c0507ee7b923c163f31a6ac5cac.jpge0013b8632b647b8887debb3a4b1cd5a.jpg7bf039691958a454568af9997dbc27fd.jpged7b74deea78bc84bcfcdb63b116bc22.jpge70b5899b6c2fd50d71771ba3260b7a0.jpg12f8c4875fc7015ae76b8cded55e2768.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

What camera is that? It takes some awesome pics.

Nice bucks!!!

• Like 1

What camera is that? It takes some awesome pics.
Nice bucks!!!
Thanks! It's a Nikon D850 with a Tamron SP 70-300mm lens. And fwiw, these are low resolution. The full resolution photos are 60 MB each and up and capture every single detail.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

High temp of 70 today and humid.  Not a great day in my opinion.  We are seeing some slight changes in the pattern around hour 144 on the GEFS. This may bring some snow or may not but we should at least cool down to normal.  Im still looking at December for something more significant. 

Hoping it's cold for Thanksgiving through new years!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah it's definitely cold out there currently. 

Not supposed to get above freezing where we will be basically from when we get there Thursday til we leave the following Saturday according to all the ensemble models I’ve looked at.  Yesterday was ridiculous, close to 80 in Asheville while I was walking the greenway.  Felt great once the sun went down even if it was more like late April.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxKnurd said:

Not supposed to get above freezing where we will be basically from when we get there Thursday til we leave the following Saturday according to all the ensemble models I’ve looked at.  Yesterday was ridiculous, close to 80 in Asheville while I was walking the greenway.  Felt great once the sun went down even if it was more like late April.

Yeah this weather is crap here... Luckily changes on the way for tomorrow night and especially into the weekend. Yeah the mountain west out there are getting hammered with feet of snow. Good for them.

Yeah I'd like to see a lot of rainfall from the tropical system.  We need it and would clamp down on the fire danger. We are going to get cold for sure. The coldest weather of the season but the second push and the little system from the gulf is questionable.  The EURO now wants to hold back the energy out west and pump up the SER. The 18z gfs want to have back to back pushes of cold with wintery precipitation in here. It's a bit early in the season but we'll see how things evolve. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah I'd like to see a lot of rainfall from the tropical system.  We need it and would clamp down on the fire danger. We are going to get cold for sure. The coldest weather of the season but the second push and the little system from the gulf is questionable.  The EURO now wants to hold back the energy out west and pump up the SER. The 18z gfs want to have back to back pushes of cold with wintery precipitation in here. It's a bit early in the season but we'll see how things evolve. 

Hopefully, the euro is showing it's bias of holding energy back. 

• Like 1