• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

I expect we'll see the first round of high elevation flurries this upcoming week. Tuesday morning looks like a good bet. I wouldn't even be surprised to see a few flakes make it down in elevation a good bit as the trough really digs in. Not much moisture to work with but it's sure gonna be cold enough.

• Like 4

3km Nam sticking to its guns with the high elevation flurries tonight. It shows accumulating snow here, but it's the 3km Nam so I always take that with a grain of salt...I'm going with flurries. GSP mentioned that it can't be ruled out in the morning AFD. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AS OF 630 AM EDT TUESDAY: IR SATELLITE CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES OF   MINUS 8 TO MINUS 10 DEC C CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE POTENTIAL FOR   SPOTTY SNOW FLURRIES ALONG AND NEAR THE TN BORDER IN NORTHWEST   UPSLOPE FLOW. ISOLATED TO SCATTERED FLURRIES MAY CONTINUE THROUGH   THE DAY AS THE SHALLOW UPSLOPE MOISTURE BRIEFLY INCREASES AND A BAND   OF VORTICITY ARRIVES ALOFT. OTHERWISE, A DEEP AND COLD TROUGH WILL   REMAIN IN PLACE OVER THE EASTERN CONUS THROUGH THE NEAR TERM PERIOD.   DESPITE GOOD INSOLATION EVERYWHERE EXCEPT THE SPINE OF THE SOUTHERN   APPALACHIANS, MAXIMUM TEMPERATURES WILL STRUGGLE IN THE 50S EAST OF   THE MOUNTAINS, WITH PLENTY OF 30S AND 40S ACROSS THE HIGH TERRAIN -   RUNNING SOME 15 TO 25 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL IN MANY LOCATIONS!    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

This is one of the most impressive cold shot in October I've ever seen. This reminds me of October's some 20 years ago.

I agree completely. I was thinking the same thing today. Been a long time to have such a powerful cold front in October that I can remember. Could you imagine the same kind of cold shot and what temperatures would be like if this was in January or February. 

• Like 1

Colder back home for the highs than out here in the Colorado mountains this week! Was cold this morning at 20 degrees down in the “lower” 7000’ terrain but shot up to the 50’s and 60’s quick.  Hate I missed the first taste of winter l but the views out here while chasing elk were hard to beat. 

117A93AC-106A-4B3C-BD59-6AF8FAEB694A.jpeg

621A974A-B310-4FB6-8261-2AB2975EF527.jpeg

CEC03138-CE03-487F-B280-5F6C7AD066F8.jpeg

• Like 7