Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

On 9/14/2022 at 2:22 PM, Maggie Ace said:

Exactly. The Western Pacific continues to recurve Typhoons into the N Pacific for the foreseeable future. That typically spells model volatility. Lows in the upper 50's/low 60's with highs in the upper 70's isn't a 'heatwave' in my book. 

Agreed. Going to be a lot of waffling in the near future.

I do have my eyes on Fiona. 

10 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

Short heat wave this week but looking mighty nice into next weekend. Maybe another round of high elevation 30s and low-40s for the rest of us.
That'll get the leaves going right on time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah this little heat wave will be short lived and im not even mad about it. Next weekend looks beautiful!

2 hours ago, Maggie Ace said:

We had two rounds of showers move through the past hour with some gusty winds, but the actual front appears to be crossing Eastern Tennessee right now heading towards the Smokies. Shouldn't be too long before the drier air arrives and the temperature begins to drop. 

Yeah same here and I spoke too soon. The wind has really picked up and the temps are crashing. Down to 67 already. 

Just now, Buckethead said:

Already down to 56 at 4400 in Wolf. And I noticed today that more than half if the trees above 4500 are transitioning to fall colors now. Pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yeah we are starting to see a lot more color at this elevation as well. Was noticing that today while watching a lot of leaves coming down with these winds. I am at work so not sure on the temp but this is a picture perfect evening.  

• Like 1

Yeah we are starting to see a lot more color at this elevation as well. Was noticing that today while watching a lot of leaves coming down with these winds. I am at work so not sure on the temp but this is a picture perfect evening.  
Down to 53.6/48 now and steadily dropping...hello fall!

Here's a screenshot from my dash cam today around 4200' in Wolf. Better pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

81fa3283e069b514c4353718cbe98563.jpg
  • Like 2