Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Yep, R/S line really jogged NW.

Hopefully people got to see the jail while snowing. Train as well! Big Jim Thorpe fan! Big fan! 

38F/rain

Some strange reason I hear Herb Clarkes voice calling out Jim Thorpe. Also the term quaint comes to mind, chick town.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Some strange reason I hear Herb Clarkes voice calling out Jim Thorpe. Also the term quaint comes to mind, chick town.

Yep, good old Herb, that son of a bitch. Those late mid-late 1970's on air snowstorms/blizzards come to mind...had off from my catholic school for days on end. Literally 3+ days....built a igloo and almost killed myself.

38F/light rain    

We ended up with 0.99" of rain since last evening with 0.11" falling since midnight. We should be clearing out today and getting mostly sunny by late this morning. Today will be the mildest day for a while with temps reaching the upper 40's. The next week will feature temps well below normal for mid to late November and also dry. We should warm back to near normal by Thanksgiving weekend before slipping back a little below normal to end the month of November.
The record high for today is 73 degrees set in 1990. Our record low is just 7 degrees in 1908 - this was the earliest single digit reading in Chester County history. The daily rain record is 2.08" from 1926. The daily snow record is the 1.3" that fell just 4 years ago in 2018.
image.png.e43c624005565dde6bccd51af5526821.png

0z Euro towards the end of the run is an eye opener...close miss to our South and East verbatim. I do caution that during the Nina last year the euro op repeatedly teased some big storms out past day 8 that never materialized. Reason i remember is because we crowned the GFS as the new king and we kept asking each other wth happened to the old reliable euro. Maybe this year euro regains the crown. 

• Like 2

A couple light flurries have been around this morning. Breezy and colder today. Our temperatures will be staying below normal till warming to near normal as we approach the Thanksgiving Holiday.
The record high for today is 76 degrees from way back in 1896. The record low is 9 degrees from 1933. The daily rain record is a whopping 3.40" from 1935. The daily snowfall record is 1.0" from 1980.
image.png.d02585d98782cb90b91990bbeb437b21.png

ECM is frigged Sun-Mon highs in the mid 30's. Only a few degrees milder than the record setting polar vortex cold of 2018. It's going to be close but the second half of the month has a chance to equal or pass the second half cold of that month. Of course that winter went on to suck it meant nothing. 

Wonders if there has ever been a time where a record warm first half of a month has been nullified by the second half, probably not. 

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

ECM is frigged Sun-Mon highs in the mid 30's. Only a few degrees milder than the record setting polar vortex cold of 2018. It's going to be close but the second half of the month has a chance to equal or pass the second half cold of that month. Of course that winter went on to suck it meant nothing. 

Wonders if there has ever been a time where a record warm first half of a month has been nullified by the second half, probably not. 

Y'ALL going nuts.... (Great Lakes) I may buy a stick? (Lol, no) Who was the guy who put his stick in upside down....I don't recall? It was funny though...

ryan.jpg

Ended up with a high of 49 Wednesday and another humdredth of an inch of rain for a 2-day even total of 1.65"

After a low of 30 yesterday, only made it to 44 and was out in the gusty winds of it too.  I will say since this is fall (vs spring) the ground warmth has still been holding so the temp mix didn't make it too annoying.

Low so far this morning has been 30 and it's currently clear and 31.  The brief intermittent light breezes overnight and early this morning, have kept the bottom from falling out.

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Y'ALL going nuts.... (Great Lakes) I may buy a stick? (Lol, no) Who was the guy who put his stick in upside down....I don't recall? It was funny though...

ryan.jpg

See you guys ended up jinxing me to watching one of his chasers with Hurricane Ian.  :lol:

I will say though, I won't forget Randy, forky and crew driving up to the Tug Hill Plateau to chase a big lake effect snow event and live-blogging it here (with pics) on what I think at the time, was still EasternWx before the site name change.

• Like 1

Increasing clouds this afternoon with temps reaching around 40 degrees - this is about 10 degrees below normal. It does look like some snow showers or even a heavier snow squall will be possible moving from west to east across Chester County between 4pm and 7pm this evening. Any heavier bands could put down a quick coating to 1" of snow - this could make roads slick in spots - so be careful if out and about this evening. Even colder weather will follow for this weekend. It appears some higher spots in the county may not get above freezing on Sunday with lows near 20 degrees by Monday morning.
Our record high for today is 77 degrees from way back in 1896. The record low is 12 degrees set in 1924. The daily rainfall record is 1.21" from 1929. Our daily snowfall record is 1.0" from 1955.
image.png.34f1f89ab2dc5daf9e553f24b9a5ac5b.png