• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

from the lock it in guy two weeks ago:  Fantasy storm after Thanksgiving for us on this evenings GFS run. Something is definitely up with the -EPO blocking playing a big part as it starts to relax. Something worth watching over the next week or so. Will not bite until the Euro spits out something similar in the next few days as is is still out of its bullseye range of ten days. Its been a long time since I have seen 2-3 feet for the LV and Poconos accumulations  but again this is just a clown map

gfs_asnow_neus_56.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

Our 1st of many below normal days between now and Thanksgiving begins today. Low's this AM did reach freezing (32.5) here in East Nantmeal. Some lower spots in Southern Chester County reached near 30 degrees this AM. Tonight all spots will see a hard freeze with temps around the middle 20's for lows. If you have any plants hanging on near your house bring them in tonight. Sunny weather all week with the exception of tomorrow night into Wednesday morning when we will see a chilly rain with maybe a couple flakes of snow or sleet pellets mixed in at the start.
The record high for today is 74 degrees from 1955. The record low is 14 degrees set in 1920. The daily rainfall record is 1.58" from 1972. Our daily snow record is the 5.0" that fell today in 1908.
image.png.97d32a27cd2b950fe3da5d0d687abf32.png

Some low to mid-20's in some of the lower spots across Chester County this morning. With upper 20's in the relatively higher spots. Cloudy today with a mixture of light rain and some wet snow mixed in especially in some of the elevations over 600 ft asl across the county by late today and early this evening. The just plain rain later with between 0.5" to 1.0" of rain before it ends by dawn tomorrow.
Continued well below normal readings will continue till about Thanksgiving. We may see a little warm up around the holiday weekend before it chills down again to close out November.
The record high for today is 78 degrees set in 1993. Our record low is 16 degrees in 1905. Daily rain record is 2.18" from 1914. The daily snow record is just 0.5" from way back in 1906.
image.png.65a32b086fe77f2055df7c25452ffe02.png

Looks like we went from summer to winter. LOL

Saturday's final high was 69, Sunday's H/L was 59/38 and yesterday's H/L was 45/32.

This morning's low was 31, which is the coldest here since the end of March.

It's currently clouding over, and partly sunny, and 42 wit dp 30.

6z EC shows the expected warm/rain scenario for the southern part of the CONUS.

floop-6z-ecmwf_full-2022111506.prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus-11152022.gif

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like we went from summer to winter. LOL

Saturday's final high was 69, Sunday's H/L was 59/38 and yesterday's H/L was 45/32.

This morning's low was 31, which is the coldest here since the end of March.

It's currently clouding over, and partly sunny, and 42 wit dp 30.

6z EC shows the expected warm/rain scenario for the southern part of the CONUS.

If this was peak climatology we'd have the wiggum rule on our side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

A friend of mine texted to say she thought she saw tiny flake while walking her dog. I told her she was seeing things since snowman19 said no winter for anyone south of New England.

41F/DP 27F

Yet DT keeps hinting at uuuuuge, monsterous, frigged December impending. I still have no idea.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

I though you were more a Cecily guy? But checking out AJ's pants? Hey to each their own, i dont judge :)

Adam is a warm/hot weather/shore/beach guy which irks me, he hates winter. His tight/short pants are concerning...

Cecily....hey now! And I think she enjoys all seasons/open minded. Our birthdays are a couple days apart! (years/days)

Welcome back...hopefully we have a solid winter! :santa:

• Like 1