• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Many spots across Chester County fell to freezing or below including here in East Nantmeal where we fell to 32.2. We also have quite a bit of frost to go with the freezing temps. The growing season has ended at 182 days between freezing temps (last on April 20th)
Below normal temps will continue through Friday, warming to above normal by the weekend into next week. Dry weather for at least the next week.
The record high for today is 83 degrees. Record low is 22 degrees from 1974. Daily rainfall record is 3.14" from 1996,
image.png.a507b8bb7e47931aab8e71e2a05d8a9b.png

It looks like most spots across Chester County remained just above the freezing mark this morning...but quite a bit of frost once again. The next couple days will continue with below normal temps before warming to near normal by Saturday. Of note yesterday was the earliest measurable snow here in Chester County when 1" of snow fell in 1940.
The record high today is 82 degrees set in 1969. The record low is 21 degrees from 1972. The daily rainfall record is 2.48" set in 1988.
image.png.54aab1bb6cd5d25eb9c10bf48c3efc1a.png

1 hour ago, BBasile said:

I was in Florida earlier this week and just realized we had some seriously heavy rain on Monday.  lol

Screenshot_20221020-084059_WeatherLink.jpg

Screenshot_20221020-084158_Chrome.jpg

Yes, with a couple of boomers, too. Mt Holly was issuing special weather statements, don't know/recall if there were any warnings.

Glorious 46F out there this morning!

• Like 1

A couple beautiful autumnal days on tap both today and tomorrow across Chester County PA. Highs today will be close to normal. Tomorrow highs will be slightly above normal. A chance of some showers with a low moving up the east coast by later Sunday.
The record high for today is 85 degrees set back in 1947. The record low is 19 degrees - the earliest sub 20 low set back in 1922. The daily rainfall record is 3.13" set way back in 1904. image.png.cc5d492a1101a1f9b77186d7ef43ded3.png

Some light rain or drizzle will be possible across Chester County this PM but hopefully not enough to slow down the Phillies game this afternoon in Philly. Most of the rest of the week look dry and mild to start with highs well into the 60's. Temps will fall back to normal levels by the end of the work week.
Go Phillies!
The record high today is 85 degrees set back in 1947. Our record low is 22 degrees from 1969. The daily rainfall record is the 2.81" that fell today way back in 1912.
image.png.b37c6e10dfb0fc388fb3d8ab4f14dfb0.png

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Wow...no posts since Friday?

Anyway, thoughts on whether the Phillies can get the game in today with prospects for rain?

They will get the game in there will be breaks and the rain when if falls will not be too heavy.....let's go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voyager said:

Wow...no posts since Friday?

Anyway, thoughts on whether the Phillies can get the game in today with prospects for rain?

LOL - well apparently they have gotten some light rain there but they might be able to squeak by without a rain delay (a band sets up will determine that).  Took a bit to moisten up the dry air in any case.

Ended up with a high of 58 on Thursday, high/low of 62/37 on Friday, and a high/ow of 66/39 yesterday.  Low this morning was a "warmer" 48 and it managed to get to 63, even with the overcast.  Had a little non-measurable light rain earlier this afternoon but overall, it has been dry here.

Currently overcast and 62 with dp 53.

58F

Tonight would be a good Halloween/trick or treat night. Cloudy/Gloomy/misty/leaves falling and many on the ground and temps in the 50's. 

Looking ahead to next week and what we already experience so far I would give this October a solid "A". I have more leaves on the ground (and better colors) now than I had last Thanksgiving. If we saw some flakes mixed in w/our rain events or a scattered flurry I would bump it to a A+....

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

58F

Tonight would be a good Halloween/trick or treat night. Cloudy/Gloomy/misty/leaves falling and many on the ground and temps in the 50's. 

Looking ahead to next week and what we already experience so far I would give this October a solid "A". I have more leaves on the ground (and better colors) now than I had last Thanksgiving. If we saw some flakes mixed in w/our rain events or a scattered flurry I would bump it to a A+....

Add fog to the list...

57F

Drizzly, foggy and mild weather continues for the next couple days. Finally clearing by tomorrow night with temps falling back to normal to finish out the week. We have picked up 0.37" of rain over the past 3 days of gloom.
The record high for today is 80 degrees from 1900. The record low is 22 degrees set back in 1952. The daily rain record is 2.31" from 1980.
image.png.c778800940e7156544d44e3face551d2.png

Finished up with 0.30" of rain yesterday.  And although I wasn't socked in, I did have some fog and low stratus this morning (<1/4 mile visibility) that has started to lift. 

Bottomed out at 59 today and so far the clouds have wrung out another 0.05" of rain (total now 0.40" for the 3-day event) and It's currently a misty 62 with dp 62.