• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

We did make it down to 48.7 degrees here this AM - temps today will likely stay in the 50's across some of the higher spots across Chester County PA today. With the exception of Sunday and Monday the next 7 days taking us through the end of September look to average below normal temperature wise. In fact I think we have a good chance to end September with our 1st below normal month since June. This would be our 4th month so far in 2022 of the 9 months that has averaged cooler than normal.
Our record high for today is 97 degrees set way back in 1895. The record low is 31 degrees from 1904. The daily rainfall record is the 1.81" that fell today in 1975.
image.png.d0a46a9596a0973f77b6839700dcc2f8.png

Had a final high of 64 yesterday and am sitting near my low for the morning of 46, with the last time it has been that IMBY, was back on May 9.  Haven't completely decoupled and gone calm here but am close.

Currently 47 with some scattered clouds and dp 39.  Keeping an eye on TS Ian that recently formed (TD-9) and is aimed at FL.085539_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png.0b439c4dde7dae40d3cb3bb70775a3bc.png

Today should be the warmest day of the week with temps in the low 70's but there will be a few showers around later this morning and a better chance of stronger storms and possibly some thunder in the 2pm to 4pm time frame across Chester County. Much cooler air again arrives by Tuesday with below normal temperatures for the rest of the week.
Our record high today is 93 degrees from 1970. The record low was 34 degrees from 1983. The daily rainfall record is 3.00" set back in 1940.
image.png.b2ee39c13da91c112c27cdc0a1020fcd.png

image.png

5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Yep, epic down pour with one clap of thunder. Fortunately I was loading groceries in the car when the skies decided to open up. :axe:

62F/DP 60F

Oh well, lol. I was spraying some liquid fertilizer on an area I had reseeded last week with a venturi siphon apparatus I made up, it looks like I'm watering with a hose. So I had one area I wanted to finish before the rain so the rain could wash it in, and it's out by the street. Of course the rain came in just a little faster than I expected, and I'm out there apparently watering the lawn in the rain as cars are going by, lol. Got about 0.20", in a lull maybe now.

• Like 1

Rain has mostly blown through now and just have some mist/drizzle.  Picked up a welcome 0.41" from that round.  Currently 61 with dp 60.

5 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Oh well, lol. I was spraying some liquid fertilizer on an area I had reseeded last week with a venturi siphon apparatus I made up, it looks like I'm watering with a hose. So I had one area I wanted to finish before the rain so the rain could wash it in, and it's out by the street. Of course the rain came in just a little faster than I expected, and I'm out there apparently watering the lawn in the rain as cars are going by, lol. Got about 0.20", in a lull maybe now.

Heard a KYW/CBS radio report talking about the drought (around the country) and how "Clover is the new lawn'".   Don't really have to mow it (much) and you get your green plus you get the pollinators! :lol:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Rain has mostly blown through now and just have some mist/drizzle.  Picked up a welcome 0.41" from that round.  Currently 61 with dp 60.

Heard a KYW/CBS radio report talking about the drought (around the country) and how "Clover is the new lawn'".   Don't really have to mow it (much) and you get your green plus you get the pollinators! :lol:

Yeah I've seen a lot of clover the last couple of years, but I'm still going for grass, lol.

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Yeah I've seen a lot of clover the last couple of years, but I'm still going for grass, lol.

I think the report was mostly focusing on California, which stays in almost perpetual drought and if anything, was an offer for something other than complete xeriscaping as they do in the more desert areas of the state (and adjacent AZ).

I managed to pick up another 0.01" from the back edge for a total of 0.42" in this round (supposedly another possible round is due later overnight but we'll see).  Currently 62 with dp 61.

Today will be our last chance to touch our normal high temperature for the upcoming week. Normal high today is 71 degrees. For the rest of the week we should see sunny skies and temps falling from highs in the upper 60's tomorrow to the low to mid 60's by Thursday and Friday. We will have to keep an eye on Hurricane Ian coming up from the gulf and possibly impacting us with some showers by next weekend.
The record high for today is 93.5 degrees set in 1895. The record low reading was the 30 degrees set back in 1922. The daily rainfall record is 2.28" set today in 1902.
image.png.7797d0c5b5b054ccefe7857e67d05e09.png