• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Today looks to be the warmest day of the week across Chester County with temps warming into the low 80's. There is a chance of some showers especially across NW Chesco and Berks Counties. A little cooler tomorrow and then near 80 again on Wednesday. Looking at some longer range models that may be the last day we top 80 degrees this year in the County. Much chillier air more typical of mid-October arrives by Thursday. Temperatures on Friday will struggle to get into the low 60's with low to mid 40's for lows by Saturday morning.
The record high for today is 92 degrees set in 1983. The record low is 36 degrees set in 1943. The daily rainfall record is the 3.27" that fell way back in 1894.image.png.fcc2083751cff38fbdfcf213395604e2.png

Topped out at 82 yesterday and 86 today before it clouded over.  Had a low this morning of 64.

Have gotten about 80 drops which was enough to wet the walk but otherwise not enough to even be measurable.  I guess I'll take the wetted leaves. LOL

Currently overcast with mostly virga and random splats, and temp at 74, with dp 68.

We did pick up a little rain yesterday across mainly the NW spots in Chester County with .05" falling in East Nantmeal. Today will be a little cooler than yesterday with a bit lower humidity and a stronger breeze out of the northwest. We have a one day warm up tomorrow that may for many here in the county our last chance to touch 80 degrees till next spring. A strong cold front with some possible thunderstorm chances will swing through Wednesday into Thursday morning. This will send temps to well below late September norms. I suspect some relatively higher spots may not get our of the chilly 50's on Friday.
The record high for today is 93 degrees set way back in 1895. The record low is also the earliest freezing temperature ever recorded in the County with records back to 1888 - 32 degrees today back in 1956. This also resulted in the shortest growing (freeze free) season in county history at just 119 days. We average 189 days in the higher elevations and 172 days in valley locations. The record rainfall for today is the 2.48" that fell in 1938.
image.png.31de15a4d67a32100b8d88296d50300b.png

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Hurricane Gaston-  first weekend in October  Cat 3+  downgraded by the time it hits us will bring us our first biggie rain event here in awhile 

Gaston is a long way away!  :P

Didn't make it to 80 here today (had a high just short, at 79).  The dews at least dropped into the 50s.

It's currently partly cloudy about 10 minutes from sunset, and 76 with dp 59.

204157_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png.5c3abb612498e66e62d7576c03bce3f2.png

• Haha 1

Plenty of low to mid-50's for low temperatures this AM across Chester County but only made it down to 56.0 here in East Nantmeal. Today could be the last 80 degree day for much of The County before we turn cooler starting tomorrow. The cold front looks to cross the County tomorrow morning with a good shot of some showers and maybe a thunderstorm.
The record high today is 100 degrees from way back in 1895. This was the latest 100 degree reading in county history. Of note we have not had a 100 degree day in over 20 years (8/2/2002) and before that was 7/15/1988. Those are the only 2 days over 100 in over 56 years going back to 1966. The record low today is 30 degrees from 1956. Our daily rainfall record is the 4.30" that fell today in 1979.
image.png.66ccffb991e1416fa5a8c63f983c120e.png

A strong cold front will move across Chester County from west to east. Rain should start by 11am and be through the area by 1pm. Temps will fall back from a high this morning around 70 back through the 60's with 40's by tomorrow AM. Total rainfall should be under 0.25"
The record high today is 99 degrees set way back in 1895. Our record low is 31 degrees in 1904. Daily rainfall record is 1.81" in 1975.
image.png.a275c524c87774a4d328558e07026145.png

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

We're in. Cool/breezy/ brisk out.

Peddler's Village. Oktoberfest and if so inclined jump a mile across the bridge and meet Mary Jane...

fall2023.jpg

I know you are ecstatic! :P:lol:

Did finish with a high of 79 yesterday and right now have some scattered clouds around and temp here IMBY is 52, with the dp 43.

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I know you are ecstatic! :P:lol:

Did finish with a high of 79 yesterday and right now have some scattered clouds around and temp here IMBY is 52, with the dp 43.

Took the trash out. Didn't need caffeine, sinus/allergy meds, woke up in a minute and breathed freely. Refreshing.

Amazing how Fall arrived on schedule...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Took the trash out. Didn't need caffeine, sinus/allergy meds, woke up in a minute and breathed freely. Refreshing.

Amazing how Fall arrived on schedule...

Some Frost Advisories lofted in a couple southern NY state counties across from NE PA.  Mother Nature giving the signal to "get ready". :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Some Frost Advisories lofted in a couple southern NY state counties across from NE PA.  Mother Nature giving the signal to "get ready". :D

Yep, I'm ready. Wouldn't mind getting drilled by a TS/Hur before winter though.

Viewing FOX29 and they're at a stone throw away at Koffee Korner Cafe in Lansdale. Probably closer to me than JTA66 since I'm on the North Wales/Lansdale border...