• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

We have certainly received that much needed rainfall with 2.55" so far in East Nantmeal with 0.11" falling before midnight. Some other Chester County rainfall amounts so far include Elverson 2.00" / Marsh Creek at 2.64" / Downingtown (Hawk Hill) 2.66" and KMQS airport 1.95".
We have a chance to set a new daily rainfall record which is 2.96" set back in 2008.
image.png.1d8bf5bc273ef9039780eb71c30e2365.png

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The area now under multiple hazards - FFW, FW, FA.

Am now at 3.05" for the event so far at post time and my Wydmoor Montco sis texted to say the streets were flooded in her township.

And WTAF???? 4" of snow in "Ringown, PA" (Schuylkill County).  It's SW of Wilkes-Barre.

Screenshot 2022-09-06 084259.png

Yeah I'm thinking that's rain, not sure how it shows up as snow, maybe an algorithm that says "4 inches? Must be snow!" Although I'm not up there, so who knows.

1.51" here so far, lots of it probably soaked in, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Yeah I'm thinking that's rain, not sure how it shows up as snow, maybe an algorithm that says "4 inches? Must be snow!" Although I'm not up there, so who knows.

1.51" here so far, lots of it probably soaked in, much appreciated.

That was reported by a trained spotter as "4.4" heavy snow".  I looked that town up on a map and it's up in the mountains but it may have been coded wrong and it was supposed to be "4.4" heavy rain" (unless the spotter is maybe way up near the summit of a mountain somewhere :lol:).  Current temps for that area are being shown as "71".

• Like 1

Looking at 2.32" total for the even thus far. Not bad. We needed this--yesterday I string-trimmed and then attempted to mow the front yard but it was hard to see where I'd already been since the grass is pretty much dormant. Actually looks much greener today though.

Temps stayed around 69-70 all night, only now starting to increase to 72.

There are still a few little bandettes to the NW that might pass over me but if nothing comes from those, I finished up with a whopping 4.16" in an 11 hour period, most of it coming between 6 am - 8 am. :o

The cold front has apparently been passing through and the temp is now down to 69 with overcast skys, and dp 68.

rain-150pm-09062022.PNG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Looking at 2.32" total for the even thus far. Not bad. We needed this--yesterday I string-trimmed and then attempted to mow the front yard but it was hard to see where I'd already been since the grass is pretty much dormant. Actually looks much greener today though.

Temps stayed around 69-70 all night, only now starting to increase to 72.

I mowed/trimmed yesterday before the rain. Pretty much the grass didn't grow and I had a hard time realizing where I mowed or not?  Weeds/crabgrass grew along the house/fence and spotty sections of the lawn needed trimming. Can't wait till the cutting grass/weeds is done. Ready to put on the flannel and rake leaves then watch football...

Stuff slinging around...71F/DP 70F 

spin.jpg

37 minutes ago, Chief83 said:

Worcester, PA.  For the event 4.23".  That is pretty consistent with several sites in my area. Saw a 4.63 in Plymouth Twp, 4.43 in Lower Providence, etc.

Surprised there was not more flooding.  Shows how low the steams were.

I'm about 5 miles east of Plymouth Meeting.  We had puddles here but the top soil took it all in.  So now at least the ground might be saturated should anything significant come afterwards, and bring a more serious concern of flooding.  The Wissahickon Creek (at the mouth) is still getting plenty of contributory run-off from the little feeder creeks in my neighborhood and out in Montco (gauge image from 4 pm).  The Schuylkill was slow to respond (must have been running relatively low) and has responded to the Wissahickon dump + whatever is pouring in from upstream in Montco.   It's still a couple feet below flood stage at the gauge near the Water Works but flood stage is ~10.5 ft (gauge image as of 3 pm).  Haven't heard what it was back in Montco (like Norristown) where there tends to be more flooding of it.

33 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I mowed/trimmed yesterday before the rain. Pretty much the grass didn't grow and I had a hard time realizing where I mowed or not?  Weeds/crabgrass grew along the house/fence and spotty sections of the lawn needed trimming. Can't wait till the cutting grass/weeds is done. Ready to put on the flannel and rake leaves then watch football...

Stuff slinging around...71F/DP 70F 

spin.jpg

There's a low or something sitting right over us and you see that circulation with another band to the west.  I can feel it. :oldman::lol:

Temp here has crept back up a bit to 71 with dp 70.

wissahickon-at-mouth-4pm-USGS.01474000.121529.00065..20220830.20220906..0..pres-09062022.png

schuylkill-at-phl-3pn-USGS.01474500.121540.00065..20220830.20220906..0..pres-09062022.png

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The Schuylkill was slow to respond (must have been running relatively low)

Aye, it's been super low up here in Reading for months. Came up almost a foot, but we didn't see as much rain out here as points further east I reckon. I don't see how the forecasted value will come to be given that most of the precip has swung through many hours ago.

QcO5EGX.png

I wonder how much our prolonged dryness has affected runoff.