Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

You'll be well liked around here that's for sure.

Stepped outside after the PSU game. Super nice, somewhat Fall-like, critters, borderline flannel weather...

flannel.jpg

If tonight is anything like last night, I might contemplate having a fire in the back yard fire pit. Last night was lovely.

Speaking of lovely weather:

vsOD4Q7.png

34 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

If tonight is anything like last night, I might contemplate having a fire in the back yard fire pit. Last night was lovely.

Speaking of lovely weather:

vsOD4Q7.png

Predicted low tonight for my area tonight is 60F. Good but I'd prefer mid 50s or so but at least it won't be 70s and muggy...

69F/DP 53F

11 hours ago, Maxwell03 said:

Happy Met Fall! My mood is high so long as it still feels like summer. Ended August with 4.44. 

Given our new climate, you should be a in a good mood through Christmas :lol:

Awesome sleeping weather these last few night, AC catching a nice break.

72F/DP 52F

• Weenie 1

Temps aside, crickets (and some night time critters) during the daytime...sun setting lower for this time of day all points to Fall. However, I'd imagine Fall foliage will be a disaster due to lack of rain. Hell, leaves falling because they are so damn dry. We need a Pink Floyd type of thing to smash the area...

81.jpg

A nice but unfortunately dry Labor Day weekend on tap with temps running in the low to mid 80's - which is several degrees above normal for the first week of September here in Chester County PA. Rain chances will be on the increase by Labor Day evening with showers likely by Monday night into Tuesday.
Our record high for today is a searing 101 degrees set back in 1953. The record low today is the 45 degrees today in 1994. The daily rainfall record was the 2.40" from 1963.
image.png.5603d265f00fd9f7a4f4530304464648.png

Below is an analysis of the long term changes in temperature for Summer (June-August) for all available NWS Chester County Coop sites for the last 11 decades. There is a clear cyclical flow. I saw Cecily Tynan posted a chart last night that only showed since 1970...which she usually does. When we post the longer term data it becomes clearer the ebb and flow of temps since we had reliable thermometers in the 1880's/1890's. The 1930's represent the warmest departure by far.

image.thumb.png.550cc2f4f9b33788c3ec1255ab243150.png

3 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Below is an analysis of the long term changes in temperature for Summer (June-August) for all available NWS Chester County Coop sites for the last 11 decades. There is a clear cyclical flow. I saw Cecily Tynan posted a chart last night that only showed since 1970...which she usually does. When we post the longer term data it becomes clearer the ebb and flow of temps since we had reliable thermometers in the 1880's/1890's. The 1930's represent the warmest departure by far.

image.thumb.png.550cc2f4f9b33788c3ec1255ab243150.png

Wow!! The reaction and response to this post which I also placed on my Chester County Facebook site with my now ~4,000 followers is beyond ridiculous!!!  I have received 61 emails in the last 3 hours to my chescowx.com email asking me why Cecily Tynan (from Channel 6 in philly) who retweeted the above 50 year change in the US yesterday failed to go back further in the NWS data set to illustrate. I clarified that the data I presented is strictly based on the NWS COOP sites in Chester County (without any assumption around worldwide or national views) and I assume it may be because she gets her data feed from their contract with AccuWeather and to expect she may be forthcoming with data from PHL that focuses on KPHL and the longer term Philadelphia climate set....which might slightly tweak the US National view that she posted yesterday. I love how many folks in addition to the weather weenies on this site love the weather!! We are all so lucky!!