• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

.54 in this part of nw NJ overnight (wantage NJ).  .86 total two day.

Added a snapshot of CoCoRaHs past 24 hours. Click for detail.

My cards on the table for for end of the month. EPS seems to be trending trough in th east end of the month, GEPS slightly as well but already responding with its 7 day rainfall anomaly attached. EPS/GEFS not at this time so uncertainty but that is what I'm looking for up here. PW near 2.3 sometime last 4-5 days of the month and attempting to push BDR monthly to near 3#1.  Can it... very very long shot but right now, BDR at 4.18 for the month is ranked #25 out of 72 years of data.     If the toughing does not heave the WAR at the end of the month, then my expectation is wrong. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.49.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.55.46 AM.png

• Like 2

Damn. Slept through it. Some puddles though. Did the south shore get anything meaningful? Lol 
My guess is .45"...

We had two rounds of 5-10 minute rains... The second being hardest... actually saw lightening and thunder!

Easily the wettest night since early June!

Up to about 3.25" since June 1st..!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, T5403CG said:

My guess is .45"...

We had two rounds of 5-10 minute rains... The second being hardest... actually saw lightening and thunder!

Easily the wettest night since early June!

Up to about 3.25" since June 1st..!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I heard the thunder as I was waking up around 6. But it was in the distance 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bluewave said:

You can see why the Euro, GFS, and GEM all have mid 90s record heat potential for next week. 500 mb heights approach 594 dm. This would be very close to the all-time record for late September in our area.

21CC2DDB-C87E-4879-90C9-C428C8DC4876.thumb.jpeg.70079387abe926e6a58d536a62c20441.jpeg

995930FD-7384-43C2-B9AD-9FB1A3B791E6.thumb.jpeg.ce3594a6fe44045d86ee11a13cf13ae5.jpeg

Dangerous considering tropics season is upon us . 

1169289047_two_atl_5d0(3).png.e2baf9fdd5be50f378d3ab2d8cb92055.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

It's going to be quite a dewpoints swing, with 70s now dropping all the way to the low 40s thursday and friday. It's going to be spectacular bone dry weather late week before our big late season heat stretch sunday and next week.

Unfortunately it looks bone dry for the next 10 days. Hopefully with the heat will come thunderstorms 

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Unfortunately it looks bone dry for the next 10 days. Hopefully with the heat will come thunderstorms 

T-Storms not likely as upper ridge will be overhead.  Going to take some time to get meaningful rainfall for locations in this forum.  Will be 10 days at least.

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah looks like no rain chances for a long time. At least our area finally cashed in the last couple weeks. As Allsnow said, about three and a half inches of rain for our area the last couple weeks. We finally had better luck and it has revived things outside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah looks like no rain chances for a long time. At least our area finally cashed in the last couple weeks. As Allsnow said, about three and a half inches of rain for our area the last couple weeks. We finally had better luck and it has revived things outside.

Yeah I'm very happy with all the recent rain but need to keep the momentum going. We are also heading into the traditionally driest time of the year

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah I'm very happy with all the recent rain but need to keep the momentum going. We are also heading into the traditionally driest time of the year

Even in what may be our drier period on avg, most stations still average 3.75" to 4" of rain for the oct- Dec ,months, so barring an absence of synoptic events as the season progresses we should be ok....I hope.

45 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

NYC, NJ and northern half of LI-absolutely. There’s essentially no drought where I am. South shore got fringed by all this rain and is still way behind average. If we’re back into the upper 80s and 90s again soon, the ground will be bone dry again down there as soon as that starts. 

NYC, NJ and northern half of LI-absolutely. There’s essentially no drought where I am. South shore got fringed by all this rain and is still way behind average. If we’re back into the upper 80s and 90s again soon, the ground will be bone dry again down there as soon as that starts. 

It’s really really bad. More dead trees on the wantagh and southern state everyday. Amazing what a few miles can do.

56 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

53 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yup, nice dent in the drought here but looks dry now for a while. I won’t bank on any phantom tropical event until it gets closer 

• Rjay unpinned this topic