• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

The next 8 days are averaging  75(67/83) or +6.

Reached 76 here yesterday.

Today:  77-82, wind mostly n., cloudy, rain after 6pm?, 70 tomorrow AM.

69*(99%RH) here at 7am, variable fog.     71* at 8am and most fog gone.     73* at 10am with breaks in the clouds.       76* at Noon.     79* at 3pm.      81*(74%RH) at 4pm, feels like 85.        84*(70%RH) at 5pm, feels like 91.

During the Major Crime Incident this AM{woman drowned her 3 kids apparently---at W. 35th St.} a score of FD/PD/EMS units were running around Surf Ave.---in and out of the fog.

• Weenie 1

36 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

The next 8 days are averaging  75(67/83) or +6.

Reached 76 here yesterday.

Today:  77-82, wind mostly n., cloudy, rain after 6pm?, 70 tomorrow AM.

69*(99%RH) here at 7am, variable fog.     71* at 8am and most fog gone.

During the Major Crime Incident this AM{woman drowned her 3 kids apparently---at W. 35th St.} a score of FD/PD/EMS units were running around Surf Ave.---in and out of the fog.

+6 seems high

15 hours ago, Allsnow said:

.50 now. Nice gentle soaking for the lawns which badly need it around here 

I'm actually gonna cut the lawn this week. The grass has finally been growing again. Very few lawn cuts this summer, but thankfully we've been getting more rain lately to revive the lawns. Hopefully it's not too late to help for the fall foliage this season too.

• Like 1

75 / 70.  Some breaks of colouds.  Today was one of those could be sneaky warm with enough sun.  More rain / storms later today and Tue (9/13) before clear dry and a bit cooler Wed (9/14) and Thu (9/15).  Warmup as ridge builds in this weekend - heights rise and temps do in the (9/17) - 9/22 period with late season heat possible especially in the warmer spots.  Looking like an overall warm last 10 days of the month beyond the 21st.

• Like 2

I'm actually gonna cut the lawn this week. The grass has finally been growing again. Very few lawn cuts this summer, but thankfully we've been getting more rain lately to revive the lawns. Hopefully it's not too late to help for the fall foliage this season too.

At least your area made a turnaround. Grass is pretty resilient and can bounce back after periods of being dormant. What I’m noticing out here on the island for areas that haven’t had any rain is the tree damage seems most severe in man made locations. For example parkway ramps. Ground water is gone in those locations. However when you look at undisturbed forest there is still enough ground water left for the trees to be hanging on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

At least your area made a turnaround. Grass is pretty resilient and can bounce back after periods of being dormant. What I’m noticing out here on the island for areas that haven’t had any rain is the tree damage seems most severe in man made locations. For example parkway ramps. Ground water is gone in those locations. However when you look at undisturbed forest there is still enough ground water left for the trees to be hanging on.

In my area we have had like half an inch of rain since July here on the south shore

lots of  trees are wilting and dropping leaves. I can’t remember last time I saw this. 

• Like 1

CALL THIS---GIVING THE GFS  A 'RUN' FOR ITS MONEY: (no rain after tomorrow all the way to boot)

Today's damages by me:

{{{69*(99%RH) here at 7am, variable fog.     71* at 8am and most fog gone.     73* at 10am with breaks in the clouds.       76* at Noon.     79* at 3pm.      81*(74%RH) at 4pm, feels like 85.        84*(70%RH) at 5pm, feels like 91. }}}

1662984000-X6gdi5hzcFM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

ewr's record low on the 16th is 42

That was a preview in September 84 of Newark going to -8 in January 85. Much more cold air available in those days. That was the last time Newark almost got down to -10.

9/16 42 in 1984 46 in 1966 47 in 2007

1/21 -8 in 1985 3 in 1984 4 in 2019

• Thanks 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic