• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Rtd208

2 minutes ago, T5403CG said:

I know we are in a water emergency... but I will be watering the big trees surrounding my house... Can't afford the cost of one dying and falling or having to take down...

Can't believe it is coming to this...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I did that last week-just turned on the hose and left it on a trickle and moved from tree to tree every 4-5 hrs...

This appears to be ending way ahead of schedule. My “bust” call was pretty spot on, particularly for the south shore. 

good news though, the rest of the week looks sunny and dry! Just what we don’t need. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

This appears to be ending way ahead of schedule. My “bust” call was pretty spot on, particularly for the south shore. 

good news though, the rest of the week looks sunny and dry! Just what we don’t need. 

HRRR and NAM have some rain into the evening hours and tonight so hopefully we can add to the totals. It's almost no surprise that we have been getting the lower amount in all the events. You have to expect it at this point. I was never buying the bullish models for today. The potential for a dry slot was there

We should still have rain for a while from the moisture coming in from the ocean, but with the low sliding east I think any widespread heavy rain goes with it. We still get these small showers though which locally will bump amounts up. Locally I probably have 1.50” now or so, hopefully I can end over 2”. Unfortunately the south shore mostly looks under 0.5”. 

5 minutes ago, TWCCraig said:

HRRR and NAM have some rain into the evening hours and tonight so hopefully we can add to the totals. It's almost no surprise that we have been getting the lower amount in all the events. You have to expect it at this point. I was never buying the bullish models for today. The potential for a dry slot was there

I hope so, but based on radar it doesn’t seem likely. The low that was supposed to be our turn appears to be moving almost due East off Delmarva. Once past your longitude, it’s difficult to get throw back precip. Unless you have a rapidly deepening low

9 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

I hope so, but based on radar it doesn’t seem likely. The low that was supposed to be our turn appears to be moving almost due East off Delmarva. Once past your longitude, it’s difficult to get throw back precip. Unless you have a rapidly deepening low

I wouldn't call lack of development or underperforming as a "dry slot".  

6 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

If my Tempest is accurate, we’re clocking in at .48 down here in Toms River with rain that’s definitely tapering off. Good bit less than I was hoping for if there’s to be no or little further development. 

Was still raining hard when I left work a little while ago just outside EWR. 

If any place ‘busted’ I would say coastal NJ did. Models had the low throwing back more rain there. Looks like a relatively small area in S NJ did well. The screw zone for LI was becoming apparent for the last 24 hrs. 

• Like 1

NWS just pulled the plug.

“The heaviest rainfall axis is transitioning to just south of
LI/NYC in area of mid level frontogenesis to the north of a
developing low pressure wave tracking ene from the Del/NJ coast.
Stationary warm frontal boundary across E LI, LI Sound, and NE
NJ will continue to dissipate through early evening with a more
stable Canadian Maritime airmass collapsing to the coast. This
will continue to transition the precipitation to stratiform
across the area. Shower activity will become more spotty from N
to S as surface high pressure builds down the New england coast
this evening into tonight, low pressure sinks southeast of the
area and deformation axis retrogrades west ahead of developing
weak closed upper low.”

I WANT MY HEAVY RAIN!

• Like 2

I would equate this thread to a 4-6 inch snow event in winter which goes to show how important the rain is to all of us. 

Did well with this here in Westchester.  I don't have a gauge, but I'd eyeball fishpond level is up about 2.5 inches.  For here the models weren't too bad.

58 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We should still have rain for a while from the moisture coming in from the ocean, but with the low sliding east I think any widespread heavy rain goes with it. We still get these small showers though which locally will bump amounts up. Locally I probably have 1.50” now or so, hopefully I can end over 2”. Unfortunately the south shore mostly looks under 0.5”. 

I recorded 0.22” at my station at Cherry Grove on Fire Island with this event.

• Rjay unpinned this topic