• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

The next 8 days are averaging  74degs.(68/79) or +3.

Reached 81 here yesterday.

Today: Falling T's from 76 earlier at midnight,  to 65-70, wind e., 1.5"-2.0" rain by tomorrow AM, 65 then.

EARL will max out on Friday near 36N 55W at 945mb.    FISHeees BE ON GUARD. Lol.

The RADAR at 8am:

1662465600-LyaZsCulfZ8.png

74*(95RH) here at 7am., rain.      73* at 9am.       72* at 11am.        71* at 3pm.

73/70 0.19 in the bucket and moderate rain.  Looking like an area wide 1 - 3 (+) inches for most some places could exceed that.   Clear things out ater Wed. Thu (9/8) back to sunshine and drying things out.  Western Atlantic Ridge builds west by the end of the week and this weekend with more southerly flow and humid.  Temps look maxed in the 80s.  Front approaches from the GL by Mon (9/12) and is slow to clear and depending on the position of the ridge along the east coast could produce more soaking rains Mon - Wed (9/14) next week.  Perhaps more north of the area.  Beyond there the Rockies ridge looks to relocate more east into the Plains and heights rise along the EC. Looks like an overall warmer second half for Sep,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SACRUS said:

73/70 0.19 in the bucket and moderate rain.  Looking like an area wide 1 - 3 (+) inches for most some places could exceed that.   Clear things out ater Wed. Thu (9/8) back to sunshine and drying things out.  Western Atlantic Ridge builds west by the end of the week and this weekend with more southerly flow humid.  Temps look maxed in the 80s.  Front approaches from the GL by Mon (9/12) and is slow to clear and depending on the position of the ridge along the east coast could produce more soaking rains Mon - Wed (9/14) next week.  Perhaps more north of the area.  Beyond there the Rockies ridge looks to relocate more east into the Plains and heights rise along the EC. Looks like an overall warmer second half for June,

For June? You mean September?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

For June? You mean September?

Lol as a minor slip up as I thought September is the new August now anyway  :)

So nice to see steady rain falling for the first time in a long time and not a burst of heavy rain for 10 to 15 minutes (if at that) from a passing thunderstorm for those lucky enough to get a few of those the past two months plus. Some areas did better with T-storms and some did worse. Would put my area in the middle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lee59 said:

There were a couple of heavy showers that hit Nassau during the night in the East Meadow, Hicksville and parts of Levittown. Also up around Syosset over toward Huntington. I was on the southern end of one of them and picked up .61 so far. Meanwhile just a few miles away there has been very little rain. 

Got nailed in Syosset, as I currently have .87” while my other station 3 miles to the W in Muttontown only has .12” 

All those bust calls from last evening look silly now...
Not really...

Out here on the Island... perhaps .1" so far... just light rain... dare say a dry slot looks to be developing off the south shore...

Areas west and north look to be doing great... but I don't see how most of the island sees more than an inch or so... except Nassau into the north shore of Suffolk...

HRRR has been hinting at such... although the latest shows better qpf .. hopefully the heavier stuff to the west can make out over us...

Still think most will see 1"+... Except maybe the east end...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1.9" so far at my location.  .98" as of 8am yesterday.  Dry all day yesterday into the evening.  Another .92" in the gauge this morning.  All rainfall went to productive use.  Slow and steady rate of fall.  No  tremendous deluge with mostly runoff.

Based on radar some additional rain to come today.

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic