• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Rtd208

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

It's been the north shore almost all summer.  But also areas right along the south shore had a good soaking recently.  The areas between sunrise/montauk hwy and southern state in nassau and western suffolk and areas between 454 and sunrise/montauk hwy in suffolk have had like nothing all summer.  

Add southern Brooklyn to the nothing all summer. Had .80 inches at my station for August.

3 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

August rainfall here was 2.89"

It's raining heavily now.

The haves and the have nots.

Note: 2.89" is still below normal.

ISP had 1.27 in July and basically all of it came from that supercell.  Areas a few miles south had a fraction of that (Sayville area). 

0.67 in August.  Areas just south of that had a fraction of that amount. 

0.0 for far this month.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That's where the ocean front has setup.... Pretty much all summer has been like that...

I can see the nimbus to the north... bright sunshine here...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, T5403CG said:

That's where the ocean front has setup.... Pretty much all summer has been like that...

We're on the northern edge of the cell over central LI.  It's basically stationary, but we're still getting a pretty good dousing.  I've never seen such an extreme difference in rainfall over such a short distance over such a long period of time.  Could be another hundred year sort of event.

13 minutes ago, T5403CG said:

With east or northeast winds along the north shore there is a little bit of a sound breeze at play.  You can make out a hint of it on the recent radar mainly to the east of the main cell:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=OKX-N0Q-0-12-100-usa-rad

Definitely a wee bit of convergence where the storms are popping.

5 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

We're on the northern edge of the cell over central LI.  It's basically stationary, but we're still getting a pretty good dousing.  I've never seen such an extreme difference in rainfall over such a short distance over such a long period of time.  Could be another hundred year sort of event.

Some areas around Smithtown have 1-1.50" so far with this cell.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Absolutely. Commack area has been a local minimum. Had about 1.40” in august but much less than areas just a few miles to my north. Same pattern repeats 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

We are in the same neighborhood.  Walk to Sweetbriar frequently.  Just north of Oakside and less than half as much rain.  That's crazy stuff.

Nudged up to .61” now on the Tempest. 
you always had best records of LI snow allocation— and I lived  in heart of it in Miller Place for years attesting to your records  . But now on Stengel so yes nice short walk to Sweetbriar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bkviking said:

Nudged up to .61” now on the Tempest. 
you always had best records of LI snow allocation— and I lived  in heart of it in Miller Place for years attesting to your records  . But now on Stengel so yes nice short walk to Sweetbriar. 

.34" here .  Still raining a little but the sun popped out for a few seconds a couple of minutes ago.

I'm on Neil.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Ugh for south shore LI. Not good 

For my area of NJ I'll be happy if EURO comes close to verification.  Anything less than 2" and I'll be grossly disappointed.  Very slow moving in that is for sure.  Daylight hours today for majority of NJ, except far NW will end up being dry.  Was expecting much more shower activity today than what has verified so far.  Need rain badly but not nearly as bad as south shore LI, you guys have just been in the worst of the dryness.

8 minutes ago, MANDA said:

For my area of NJ I'll be happy if EURO comes close to verification.  Anything less than 2" and I'll be grossly disappointed.  Very slow moving in that is for sure.  Daylight hours today for majority of NJ, except far NW will end up being dry.  Was expecting much more shower activity today than what has verified so far.  Need rain badly but not nearly as bad as south shore LI, you guys have just been in the worst of the dryness.

Euro has some tonight, the main show tomorrow and another batch Wednesday to get to the 2"+

13 minutes ago, MANDA said:

I’ve never seen it as bad as this in my life, and with each passing moment, this is looking like a non event here unfortunately. Heck, I’m so desperate, give me a cloudy day and I’ll be happy. Sick of the heat and the sun. NWS Upton is going to have to cut back their call for my area

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

2 hours ago, Rmine1 said:

Same in Brightwaters 

2 hours ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Correct. All the storms missed me. One by just a mile or two lol. 

Just north of you, can verify we've had almost next to nothing in terms of rain this entire summer. We are in the driest spot on LI.

Turned out to be a nice day. Lots of high clouds but enough sun for it to be a nice day though it was never forecasted to be completely overcast. 84 and humid

• Rjay unpinned this topic