GREENVILLE       N/A     42  35  76 N8        30.32
MILLINOCKET    CLEAR     36  35  96 CALM      30.36S
HOULTON        CLEAR     32  30  92 CALM      30.34R
PRESQUE ISLE   CLEAR     32  32 100 CALM      30.34S
FRENCHVILLE    CLEAR     36  33  89 W3        30.29S
CARIBOU        CLEAR     33  31  92 SW5       30.32R
$$

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Seasons in seasons.  Been awhile but this may be that kind of year.

I think the remainder of fall looks to be normal to slightly below, I'm sure there will be some warm days here and there, But the cold temps this morning, Dropped some leaves off the trees as i noticed driving into work this morning.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Raw Ne wind with strato cu off the water. 53.

I thought the water was warmer than 53…? I haven’t checked. 

that almost looks like it’s going to be milder in Boston and Providence Rhode Island then interior sections due to the fact that the ocean is still above 60° just based on climo   I remember when I lived in Rockport we had a onshore flow with wind and waves in October once, and the water got warm enough due to piling we were able to go in up to our knees and bang around in the waves a bit… (this is back when the dinosaurs roamed )  

I mean it might cool off overtime anyway because eventually things are going to go more north north east. But in the easterly phase of this putrescence-

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I thought the water was warmer than 53…? I haven’t checked. 

that almost looks like it’s going to be milder in Boston and Providence Rhode Island then interior sections due to the fact that the ocean is still above 60°

I mean it might cool off overtime anyway because eventually things are going to go more north north east. But in the easterly phase of this putrescence-

I saw BOS harbor at 60. Sometimes with low dews, a wind off the water means lower temps on land compared to SSTs due to evaporational cooling.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw BOS harbor at 60. Sometimes with low dews, a wind off the water means lower temps on land compared to SSTs due to evaporational cooling.

Yeah again I didn’t look. I just assumed. I was thinking like 63 or something out there lol. 

But even at 60 I mean that’s a long fetch - it’s not like it’s coming out of a curve trajectory from Western Nova Scotia barely overwater and then bending back west into Boston. I mean it’s a flat long flow off of the Atlantic and I bet you the models are probably just gonna be wrong with the dewpoint then as it’s mixing with that marine boundary layer and then being transported west. Meh my guess but you know what…? Who the fuck cares because we’re talking about the difference between putrescent1 or putrescent2: pick

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah again I didn’t look. I just assumed. I was thinking like 63 or something out there lol. 

But even at 60 I mean that’s a long fetch - it’s not like it’s coming out of a curve trajectory from Western Nova Scotia barely overwater and then bending back west into Boston. I mean it’s a flat long flow off of the Atlantic and I bet you the models are probably just gonna be wrong with the dewpoint then as it’s mixing with that marine boundary layer and then being transported west. Meh my guess but you know what…? Who the fuck cares because we’re talking about the difference between putrescent1 or putrescent2: pick

Well winds were light and it was night, so will drop a few degrees too. But yeah, who cares. LOL.

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think some on here would rather not see any snow in October ha ha.

Yeah not a forecast but … there’s evidence already that we are doing the folded circulation thing

You know …there’s a fastening paper out there right now about this. I think it came out of ….I’ll try to look it up. Team a giant craniums with pulsating temple vascularity performed a quantitatively analyses … utilizing mathematics untenable to our sphere of sentience … that demonstrated what happens with expanding HC whilst warming polar domain … basically what I’ve been crowing for years. There is increased folding in  the circulations.  And autumn‘s and springs are particularly vulnerable to dramatic variations – including those that can occur snowfall at unusually early and late times relative to either season.

But it also doesn’t last during the winter itself when the hemisphere gradient increases - it slips into a new paradigm and so far we’ve been hosed more so than not in everyone of those I think since the big February 2015.

There’s a lot of orbital perspectives/philosophy concepts in that but yeah … don’t be shocked if it happens in either October or November followed by some kind of regression to something else regardless of the multi faceted dizzyingly complex papers that some of us on these social media platforms rockstar seasonal outlooks, too. Lol

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think some on here would rather not see any snow in October ha ha.

I know I don't want to see it in any meaningful way.  Not for any superstitious reasons just from a logistics standpoint.  I still have stuff to do outside and accumulating snow is just a hinderance for that.  I'm fine with flakes in the air though.

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I know I don't want to see it in any meaningful way.  Not for any superstitious reasons just from a logistics standpoint.  I still have stuff to do outside and accumulating snow is just a hinderance for that.  I'm fine with flakes in the air though.

Its pretty useless for most, But i hunt so i would not mind it, And i'm not superstitious about october snows.

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah not a forecast but … there’s evidence already that we are doing the folded circulation thing

You know …there’s a fastening paper out there right now about this. I think it came out of ….I’ll try to look it up. Team giant craniums with pulsating temple vascularity performed quantitatively analyses … utilizing mathematics untenable to our sphere sentience … that demonstrated what happens with expanding HC whilst warming polar domain … basically what I’ve been telling what I’ve been crowing for years. There is increased folding in  the circulations.  And autumn‘s and springs are particularly vulnerable to dramatic variations – including those that can occur snowfall at unusually early and late times relative to either season.

But it also doesn’t last during the winter itself when the hemisphere gradient increases - it slips into a new paradigm and so far we’ve been hised more than not in everyone of those I think since the big February 2015.

There’s a lot of orbital perspectives/philosophy concepts in that but yeah … don’t be shocked if it happens in either October or November followed by some kind of regression to something else regardless of the multi faceted dizzyingly complex papers that some of us on these social media platforms rockstar seasonal outlooks, too. Lol

It wouldn't surprise me if it happened, So far fall is acting like falls of yore, Up here anyways, We just seem to be ahead of the curve from previous years, I just have a gut feeling that we could have a decent winter this year after 2 off ones the last two.

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it happened, So far fall is acting like falls of yore, Up here anyways, We just seem to be ahead of the curve from previous years, I just have a gut feeling that we could have a decent winter this year after 2 off ones the last two.

It may be more hit and miss… I mean I know you’re talking about your region but down here we’ve pretty much not experienced all together very impressive winters… In fact rather uninspired and torpid, with lots of lighter events tending to be offset only by one single event that flagships the season. I’m sure that other people covet perspectives that may vary on that some …but just saying in general. 

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It may be more hit and miss… I mean I know you’re talking about your region but down here we’ve pretty much not experienced all together very impressive winters… In fact rather uninspired and torpid, with lots of lighter events tending to be offset only by one single event that flagships the season. I’m sure that other people covet perspectives that may vary on that some …but just saying in general. 

There has been a lot more smaller events of the last several years for all of the northeast outside of a few anomalous ones for some, It just seems to be difficult to get 12" snow events now and the slop fest seem to be more the norm with 3-6" and 4-8" events being the majority on good years, But generally up here, I usually will record between 30-40 events and the last couple years have fallen short of 30.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Remember that when its 65 on Christmas.

As long as it snows during Hannukah....maybe Jerry has a version of that old favorite "I'm dreamink of a vite Channuakah"

Actually Xmas snow is nice, but NYE is my bday and I like snowy or at least cold because that night we usually burn one of our big brush fires.