• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

Some pretty good showers just rolled through here. After last night the cocorahs guy down the road from me has 9” on the month. Yea it’s been wet here…we need some lava lawn updates, bet it’s never looked better. 
Lol, almost took pics after yesterday's cut. It's pretty good considering

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What an unwanted and unnecessary and unforecasted downpour we just had . Almost .50 in like minutes. Over 7.00” this month . 

Mother Nature loves her averages.  It all averages out eventually.  It’s an important lesson to keep in the back of the mind about long term droughts especially… but guess it’s not comforting when it’s July and your lawn looks like the dirt grounds of an arid middle eastern compound.

4 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Here's a look at these popcorn storms firing out west here. Had a lot of rain last several days. This is off my back deck looking NNW 20220926_172613-min.thumb.jpg.36d8c56cc9d0f4edf8c4bdbce562b86a.jpg

Nearly everything is blooming while the leaves turn. Kinda crazy looking. 

Lol. You make it sound like you moved to the open range on Montana. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Was at the game last night and we were not expecting rain.  Came in during the 2nd inning and delayed it.  Made the decision to leave after about 30min when it was apparent it was not going to stop,  Game did not resume till 10pm, almost 2hrs after it was stopped.

I would have done the same. 

You missed a lot of scoring though.  ;)

Looks like nice day shaping up here.

Nice evening after rain showers most of the afternoon in the mountains.

Foliage seems behind by a bit based on previous years' photos.  But that first cold shot finally started getting the ball rolling.  I think October 5 - 15 time frame will be the best around here.  The high-end color still seems a week out or so.   Can see the steeple of Stowe Village down there dead center bottom for reference.

The evening's are getting shorter though... this was the evening walk/hike with the dog.  It was pretty much dark when we got down.  A couple months ago it felt like the middle of the day still.

2L8A5551-1-2.thumb.jpg.2370a7d6d1e2618c79ba1dbde29da514.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice evening after rain showers most of the afternoon in the mountains.

Foliage seems behind by a bit based on previous years' photos.  But that first cold shot finally started getting the ball rolling.  I think October 5 - 15 time frame will be the best around here.  The high-end color still seems a week out or so.   Can see the steeple of Stowe Village down there dead center bottom for reference.

The evening's are getting shorter though... this was the evening walk/hike with the dog.  It was pretty much dark when we got down.  A couple months ago it felt like the middle of the day still.

2L8A5551-1-2.thumb.jpg.2370a7d6d1e2618c79ba1dbde29da514.jpg

Seems about 10 days behind 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Seems about 10 days behind 

Yeah it’s changing fast day by day now.  I’d say maybe a week?  The funny thing is it usually finds it’s way to the first week or two of October regardless.  Not sure if that’s solar related, but what can happen is the foliage is just “faster” and still ends within a few days of every other year (if that makes sense).

Two years ago there was two distinct “peaks”… first was red and green in September.  Second was red/orange.  Foliage seemed to go for weeks but still ended by mid-October.

It’s just interesting the “late” foliage seasons though don’t push it back to like Halloween.  It just seems to shorten it and it all ends relatively at a similar time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s changing fast day by day now.  I’d say maybe a week?  The funny thing is it usually finds it’s way to the first week or two of October regardless.  Not sure if that’s solar related, but what can happen is the foliage is just “faster” and still ends within a few days of every other year (if that makes sense).

Two years ago there was two distinct “peaks”… first was red and green in September.  Second was red/orange.  Foliage seemed to go for weeks but still ended by mid-October.

It’s just interesting the “late” foliage seasons though don’t push it back to like Halloween.  It just seems to shorten it and it all ends relatively at a similar time.

At least 50% color around the house, which seems a few days ahead of the average here - odd because we've yet to have a frost and Sept temps are running only about 0.3° BN thru yesterday.  White ash is full color with 30-50% leaf drop, but that species always leads the way into fall.

17 hours ago, powderfreak said:

We’ll be late when we come up the weekend of 10/21.   But it’s always fun to check out Penny Cluse for breakfast and Hen of the Woods for dinner.  Problem is we’ll be staying in Alburgh.   Believe it or not the change is starting here now which seems about 5 days early.

• Like 2