Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

On 9/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Wasn’t it supposed to be a harsh cold shot in SNE Friday with 50’s  by day and freeze at night? Ryan has  66/44 for Friday 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Did the lawn this afternoon. Was very windy with rips to about 35mph but very comfortable in a light long sleeve pullover and shorts . High was 54.

Good to see some knew what was coming ;).

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Damn. Did they go into dormancy during the drought and then reawaken thinking it was spring? Probably some defense mechanism to try to drop some viable seed into a more moist landscape. 

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’ve got several of them in bloom, but this one has the most flowers. Has to be something with the drought and then renewed growth/energy 

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Neither HIE nor BML could radiate last night. That wind is ripping. And considering our coldest 850s were easily supposed to be yesterday morning MWN is currently at their coldest temp of the airmass.

850 temps moderate rapidly today so we’re not going to get a good radiational cooling night in this airmass. Looks like we’ll get multiple calm nights in the colder airmass next week though. I suspect there will be a lot of first frosts down into CNE with that one. 

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

850 temps moderate rapidly today so we’re not going to get a good radiational cooling night in this airmass. Looks like we’ll get multiple calm nights in the colder airmass next week though. I suspect there will be a lot of first frosts down into CNE with that one. 

We decoupled here ..albeit shallowly, in the Nashoba Valley region.  Dead calm at dawn and couldn't fall below 42 ..44s.  

I mentioned the moderating 850s myself, yesterday, in a drive-by post, and it began really overnight. I'm wondering if the radiative potential was cut down already - more might have helped decoupling and feed-back.

Looks like after this week we may neutralize the hemisphere of these convolutions and 'quasi' blocks.  The PNA is neggie at CPC and all three ensemble clusters, EPS/GEFS/GEPS are neutering the negative 500 non-hydrostatic layout by D10.   Zonal too..     Not sure I completely buy that, but should we move that way we probably flip back to milder look for a week.   WPO all the way around the horn flat-lines zonal, while the western N/A mountain torque ridge expression floods east across southern Canada ... Heh puts seasonal migration on hold. 

Not saying it'd last.. .just is what it is.