GWDLT. Rainy seasons in VT are brutal. And there’s 2. Spring and fall 

Our seasons:

November 15 to April 15 Winter

April 15 to May 20-  Mud

May 20 to July 1 - Spring

July 1 to 15- Summer

July 15 to Sept 15-  Back Broken on Summer

Sept 1 to Oct 15- Dodge Folks looking at Leaves

Oct 15 to Nov 15- Dodge hunters in woods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

We did. It was touch and go with rain on 89 and down the hill towards Northfield but it stopped by the time we teed of just after 4:00. I had .53” today, bringing me up to 2.40” since Sunday. 

Only around 0.15 here today after sunrise.  Just an all day drizzle and mist that would occasionally hit -RN.  It looked like areas southeast and southwest of here blossomed nicely with the  ULL.

52-55F area wide in NW New England., with dews equal to temps… it’s still not fall/autumn cold even after the cold front.  

Got another .04" yesterday, so added onto the .92" Monday and .05" on Sunday, I had just over and inch. (1.01").

It was great to see the wife and kids in person again...almost brings me to tears seeing how palpable the change in the children was in just 2.5 months.

Wow....time flies, and if you blink, they grow up-

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, White Rain said:

FWIW from an amateur, I wouldnt trust many of the home rain gauges to give you accurate readings. Most of them are not adequate and/or set up in properly. I dont even trust my own weather station rain gauge, which is why using stratus as a back up, preferably a large diameter or multiple, is needed to eliminate error IMO.

I agree.  Most of them aren't all that accurate.  Stratus is more accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Got another .04" yesterday, so added onto the .92" Monday and .05" on Sunday, I had just over and inch. (1.01").

It was great to see the wife and kids in person again...almost brings me to tears seeing how palpable the change in the children was in just 2.5 months.

Wow....time flies, and if you blink, they grow up-

Seems like there is an issue at KLWM.....rain total seems "light"..

41 minutes ago, White Rain said:

FWIW from an amateur, I wouldnt trust many of the home rain gauges to give you accurate readings. Most of them are not adequate and/or set up in properly. I dont even trust my own weather station rain gauge, which is why using stratus as a back up, preferably a large diameter or multiple, is needed to eliminate error IMO.

Between my tipper on the weather station and the stratus gauge, It can be off a few cents depending on rainfall rates and it seems like the tipper under catches often, So i always rely on the stratus as long as i don't forget to empty it....lol.

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

HVN is 76 at 8pm surrounded by these obs. Toss that too the moon.

15E79656-EA31-4A4F-A015-8974BDCCE63D.png

The closest WU station to them is KCTEASTH99 which is that 66 just to the NW. It usually matches up well with HVN like it did yesterday. A good chunk of the day was full sun as well. 

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCTEASTH99

Screenshot_20220921-092059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f2f37e09419bf34a41d8ca3f60f4cfa7.jpg

time_chart_dyn (30).png

1 minute ago, BrianW said:

The closest WU station to them is KCTEASTH99 which is that 66 just to the NW. It usually matches up well with HVN like it did yesterday. A good chunk of the day was full sun as well. 

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCTEASTH99

Screenshot_20220921-092059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f2f37e09419bf34a41d8ca3f60f4cfa7.jpg

time_chart_dyn (30).png

There are times where it just looks whacked out. Not sure if a certain wind direction is an issue or what...just seems very odd at times. It was like 6-8 warmer than surroundings at 8p yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There are times where it just looks whacked out. Not sure if a certain wind direction is an issue or what...just seems very odd at times. It was like 6-8 warmer than surroundings at 8p yesterday. 

Yeah. I agree that sometimes it does seem to run warm. The city and oil/industrial port is just to the W/NW of them so they will torch on those winds. 

2 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Assume that is the more common scenario, but if one is placed under a tree/branch that sheds water for example, I have seen them over catch.  Unless you can verify the set up they are tough to trust. 

The weather station is 6' up on the roof peak and its in a wide open area with no trees, So i have narrowed it down to rates as when i have inspected it in the past, There is nothing in the tipper that would impede the catch.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My temps are good, gauge is not...why would I put sh*t data online? 

i'm no met, and I do have a crappy ambient weather weather station on wunderground. I know it runs warm based on where it is placed, and i am sure that the rain guage isn't terrible accurate. you know what-I don't care. it gives me an idea of what is going on at my location.

If others use that for "accurate" data, i don't really give a crap. For fully accurate data, go to the closest ASOS.

• Like 1