Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

.25” perfect for the seed.

I seeded an area 2 wks ago and covered with peat moss, but peat is tricky cause it looks like it covers well initially then it gets either blown away or just doesn't last, exposing the seed. Areas where the peat stayed looks ok, but everywhere else, nothing. I need to put some more seed down.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I seeded an area 2 wks ago and covered with peat moss, but peat is tricky cause it looks like it covers well initially then it gets either blown away or just doesn't last, exposing the seed. Areas where the peat stayed looks ok, but everywhere else, nothing. I need to put some more seed down.

I didn’t put peat. Hopefully the grass existing and some might thatch helps. If it grows it grows is my mentality. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

chopped straw works well when seeding bare areas. and it is too late for you to seed again, it won't grow much this fall. Wait until late spring to see what you got, it just might green up better than you thought-that seed will still be there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Peat is also tricky because it takes a while to really water it in, unlike topsoil for example.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

chopped straw works well when seeding bare areas. and it is too late for you to seed again, it won't grow much this fall. Wait until late spring to see what you got, it just might green up better than you thought-that seed will still be there.

we've got another ~4-6wks before any frost.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

I give it an hour and a half.  I have a 4:00 tee time so it better be done by then! :fulltilt:

Did you get golf in?  Still misting and drizzle at times here.

Ended up with 3.02” in two empties of the Stratus throughout the event.  Has to be the largest precipitation event for here in a long time.  This image was before today’s showers and not comparable to my total (taken after todays rain).

Maybe another half inch with the FROPA later in the week… probably going to be the wettest week of the year, ha.

30E52AE3-BF8B-4518-9490-9CE20357C623.jpeg.79f389936852027270a41a20d086bfdb.jpeg

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Did you get golf in?  Still misting and drizzle at times here.

Ended up with 3.02” in two empties of the Stratus throughout the event.  Has to be the largest precipitation event for here in a long time.  This was before todays showers.

Maybe another half inch with the FROPA later in the week… probably going to be the wettest week of the year, ha.

30E52AE3-BF8B-4518-9490-9CE20357C623.jpeg.79f389936852027270a41a20d086bfdb.jpeg

We did. It was touch and go with rain on 89 and down the hill towards Northfield but it stopped by the time we teed of just after 4:00. I had .53” today, bringing me up to 2.40” since Sunday. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

GWDLT. Rainy seasons in VT are brutal. And there’s 2. Spring and fall 

What was different between this and the 2-3 days of rain in CT only two weeks ago?

It was a pretty humid, convective rain too, yesterday was a series of t-storms.  Honestly seemed pretty similar.

We had been one of the drier zones despite over the last 6 weeks, so it was needed rain.  Despite a high number of days with measurable water.

All I know is after a few months of no widespread big precipitation events, there have been two now in the past 3 weeks.  One in SNE, one in NNE.  Both multi-day events.  That’s some pattern change indicators.