Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

10 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Yep see, that's a hot summer for you guys for sure. But 6 weeks of nice heat for us northerners isn't really a hot summer as a whole.  Anyway no need to belabor my point. 

Chilly out there tonight. Mos Def. 

I get what you're saying. June and the first part of July were fairly comfortable to me.  Wall to wall heat and humidity didn't happen from June through august.  The heavy heat and humidity crammed into 5 or 6 weeks was bearable to me.  And I am one to usually cry and have meltdowns over toilet-paper-sticking-to-my-azz, sweat-dripping-off-my-dome heat and humidity.

Maybe it's because I am older, but I wasn't too worked up about the HHH period this summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Have you ever noticed that the mere mentioned of SNE severe earns you a bukake of weenies?

Yes, but I guess it comes with the territory. I'm serious though...if the timing can work out next Thursday that's a very solid setup. 80-90+ knot mlvl jet streak moving in with potential for 60+ surface dewpoints. Way too early for other details but a combo of those two is an eye catcher

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yes, but I guess it comes with the territory. I'm serious though...if the timing can work out next Thursday that's a very solid setup. 80-90+ knot mlvl jet streak moving in with potential for 60+ surface dewpoints. Way too early for other details but a combo of those two is an eye catcher

I'll begin to practice staying safe. Between the waves on ACK and the .20" on rain in a 1/2 hour next week, there will be plenty to talk about.

• Like 1

Going to be a chilly one overnight.

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Maine, south central Maine,
southwest Maine, west central Maine, western Maine, central New
Hampshire and northern New Hampshire.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.

Cool Canadian airmass will bring the possibility for the first frost
or freeze across low-lying interior areas Saturday morning.
Confidence is highest for temperatures to drop to the freezing mark
across the valleys of Coos County and the Western Maine Mountains.
Low to mid-30 temperatures are expected in the foothills regions
with upper 30s for areas closer to the coast. Frost and freeze
headlines could be issued on Friday for Saturday morning. Gardner`s
should plan to protect any late season sensitive plants.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

48 for the low this morning, 4° milder than yesterday thanks to wind blowing all night.  High yesterday was only 59, a low diving platform for the overnight but for the mixing.  Already into the low 60s today and TD seems a bit higher than it was yesterday afternoon.  Wind still bringing in air from the NW, so dews may drop enough for fog-free radiation.

33 minutes ago, tamarack said:

48 for the low this morning, 4° milder than yesterday thanks to wind blowing all night.  High yesterday was only 59, a low diving platform for the overnight but for the mixing.  Already into the low 60s today and TD seems a bit higher than it was yesterday afternoon.  Wind still bringing in air from the NW, so dews may drop enough for fog-free radiation.

Yeah we had 45F by like 8pm last night and it was 48F when I woke up.  Temp leveled and rose with clouds/wind.  I thought easily 30s was a lock at 8pm.