Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don’t see how those two statements have any relevance… some of our warmest winters happen to have freakish early and late season snows.

Just because it snows in October and early May it might be a long “snow season”… but it doesn’t imply anything about what happened between those two events.

I and other Mets and climo guys have exchanged observations over the last 10 years relating to this pre-lapse and lapsing of cold season phenomenon.  October snow and May flurries have gotten out of control and piling up too much in incidence numbers and well... 

without getting into a 'irreconcilable' climate squabble with Ray ... we all just need to realize that these metrics aren't really metrics ...not when the climate is unstable. They can't be - they only signify the last time the instability did it's randomness.   If we really want to chap asses and start a fight, we could argue that CC is lengthening winter so far that it it's losing distinctive identity altogether.  My internal sarcams have at times began thinking of recent winters as more like permanent windy autumns.   Like all autumns, they can contain a cold snap and snow event...

• Like 3

On 9/13/2022 at 7:55 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Steiner tonight. Thankfully. Bringing us back to most of the summer . Looking forward to one last torch next week of 5-6 days of 80’s. Then it’ll be fall mode and cold focus as we hit Oct 

On 9/14/2022 at 7:23 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

That afd talks about 80’s and 90’s next week . All systems go for a week of 80’s away from BOS 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Last away from BOS thru Tuesday 

We’re glad to see the KFS vision model adjust as we close in. It went from a week of 80s and 90s to 5-6 days of 80s to now, 3 days of warmth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don’t see how those two statements have any relevance… some of our warmest winters happen to have freakish early and late season snows.

Just because it snows in October and early May it might be a long “snow season”… but it doesn’t imply anything about what happened between those two events.

A few hot weeks doesn't mean a hot summer overall, in fact it didn't really warm up until late July when you could comfortably take the hoodie off, and now we're back to the hoodie.  Last time I checked summer started in June, so 40/70s map is deceiving us. K? 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

A few hot weeks doesn't mean a hot summer overall, in fact it didn't really warm up until late July when you could comfortably take the hoodie off, and now we're back to the hoodie.  Last time I checked summer started in June, so 40/70s map is deceiving us. K? 

It was hot for 2 months.  Hoodies?   Are you Wiz?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

2019-20 is a good example.  That November is my coldest of 24 here, slightly below the previous year.  Then met winter ran +2.2 with all 3 months BN for snow.  After that, the snow season's biggest dumps came on 3/23-24 and 4/9-10, and a month later May surprised with another 3.2".  Those 3 events improved a near-ratter to a slightly BN winter.  Stochastic

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

What?  It was so cold you had a hoodie on until late July?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What?  It was so cold you had a hoodie on until late July?

45 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It was hot for 2 months.  Hoodies?   Are you Wiz?

Yeah dudes it was super chilly early this summer. Humans inherently have short term memory, so I see why the middle hotness of the summer stuck with you, but even Ginxy said June and July were cold.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah dudes it was super chilly early this summer. Humans inherently have short term memory, so I see why the middle hotness of the summer stuck with you, but even Ginxy said June and July were cold.

No I didn't first 15 days of July were BN. Low dews for June through 15 of July though made it very tolerable

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/14/2022 at 12:27 PM, Whineminster said:

It is nice out, but you're constantly taking on and off the hoodie.  Everyone prefers low 60s or 80 so we can dress consistently. 

I haven't used my hoodie yet. Maybe tomorrow morning will be the first time, if I happen to be outside at 5am - but mostly to protect against mosquitos. 

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

June was beautiful.  About average, maybe -1?  But that’s not super chilly because it’s June.  That’s like 75/45.

July was nice for first half then ran off like 6 weeks of heat.  But July was solidly above normal and August too.

Its like one normal month and two above normal if one were to look back on this summer in 30 years.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Second week of May thru early July was AcocATT. Summeh was hot and sticky but it was like 6wks worth. Hard but quick.

Today is perfect.

Days of 85+ and dew points above 65 in the afternoon at my station. 

May 4 days.

June only 2!

July 16 days. 

August 18 days. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Days of 85+ and dew points above 65 in the afternoon at my station. 

May 4 days.

June only 2!

July 16 days. 

August 18 days. 

One of the hottest summers here on record.

New Haven's (HVN) departures.

May +4.2

Jun +1.7

July +4.2 2nd hottest July on record.

Aug +5.6 Hottest August on record.

Sep +3.8

• Like 2
  • Confused 1