SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Change is coming …

but lol I’ve been seeing them crossing over this region all summer 

You have?  I haven’t seen them flying in unison in a long time.  Definitely one of those vibe type things… cloudy low ceiling, breezy, cool and geese being noisy as they fly by.  Pumpkin spice commercial stuff, ha.

There was one with a busted wing shitting on the dock daily at the lake in NE CT.  Couldn’t fly, but seemed to be quite full of crap.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You have?  I haven’t seen them flying in unison in a long time.  Definitely one of those vibe type things… cloudy low ceiling, breezy, cool and geese being noisy as they fly by.  Pumpkin spice commercial stuff, ha.

There was one with a busted wing shitting on the dock daily at the lake in NE CT.  Couldn’t fly, but seemed to be quite full of crap.

Heard them over the golf course Sunday, thought it was a little early but maybe they know more than us.

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Dec 92 and March 93 in the same season is kinda nuts. 

That is one of the most underrated winters..one of  my favorites. 93-94 gets all of the accolades because it was better for the densely populated CJ zone, but 92-93 had two immense signature events. And its not an IMBY thing because I wasn't anywhere close to a jack in either one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is one of the most underrated winters..one of  my favorites. 93-94 gets all of the accolades because it was better for the densely populated CJ zone, but 92-93 had two immense signature events. And its not an IMBY thing because I wasn't anywhere close to a jack in either one.

March saved that winter around here. Would have been lackluster without it. One of the rarer winters where there was a gradient between here and Logan. I probably had a bit more than Hingham, but they only had 61” and change. 

41 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Also was the first good winter after a long string of duds. The Dec storm really set the tone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks warm and somewhat dewy Sunday and beyond in SNE

Looks warm down here on the shoreline. Upton has 80s from Saturday all through next week here. 

In terms of weather, we looking at mostly dry conditions though much of the long term period. The only exception will be Monday and Tuesday, where we have just a chance of some showers. The best chances for showers will remain across the Lower Hudson Valley and Southern CT.

Stuck fairly close to NBM for this range. If the front ends up being closer to the local area, expect rain chances to increase.

Temperatures in the long term will remain in the 80s.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tamarack said:

And those high dews didn't arrive here until mid-July, and went away first of this month, though with a lame cameo Mon-Tues.

This season though, With the dews here anyways, We had several days that they were in the 70's with the highest being 77°F which is much more then previous years.