Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Steiner tonight. Thankfully. Bringing us back to most of the summer . Looking forward to one last torch next week of 5-6 days of 80’s. Then it’ll be fall mode and cold focus as we hit Oct 

And you already giving thanks that rain missed you?  That happened fast.

Also love that you’ve set a date at end of the week for the winter butterfly to emerge from its cocoon :lol:.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And you already giving thanks that rain missed you?  That happened fast.

Also love that you’ve set a date at end of the week for the winter butterfly to emerge from its cocoon :lol:.

Oct 1. That’s typically cold season and when snows start to potentially happen. September is full on summer which is not how it was when I was growing up. Now it’s a very warm to hot month and we want heat and dews to continue. This one no exception 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oct 1. That’s typically cold season and when snows start to potentially happen. September is full on summer which is not how it was when I was growing up. Now it’s a very warm to hot month and we want heat and dews to continue. This one no exception 

Full on summer to winter, just like that.

GFS agreed as Scoots pointed out.  That would be one helluva cold pool for late September.

B1E125A8-6CB3-4C70-8A2B-80A8098AFDFE.thumb.png.f772520ed867d3d15697de77c21af37f.png

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Full on summer to winter, just like that.

GFS agreed as Scoots pointed out.  That would be one helluva cold pool for late September.

B1E125A8-6CB3-4C70-8A2B-80A8098AFDFE.thumb.png.f772520ed867d3d15697de77c21af37f.png

Obviously doesn’t work quite like that .. but I’m sure October will find a way to be way above normal . That’s when I start thinking about screaming sou’ Easter’s .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

KBOS at -0.3F surprisingly 

BTV at only +1.0 but MVL here at +3.0.

We get crushed with positive departures in radiational cooling land this time of year if the temp isn’t crashing solidly into the 40s every night.

I would guess the better the radiational cooling baked into climo, the warmer the departures at those spots this month?