Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Exactly the same here.  64/61, cool refreshing air.  I would think severe would have a hard time getting here unless the warm front can make some progress north in the next few hours.

HRRR never gets the soupy air north of the MA border, but hits VT/NH hard. Still good forcing with the cold fropa. That upper level cold pool goes right through NNE.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Are there any secrets to getting over to Beverly from here ... instead of a 495 N to 3 S, to 95 N ??

I mean my recollection of those demographic conduits is that they fail to be conduits from 7:10 am to 9am, and 4:45pm to 7pm

Ha.....this is why I will only move so far west, working in Chelsea....its an unmitigated disaster. Route 2? That probably blows, too....

Just shooting south down I 93S is somewhat manageable.

Kind of a hybrid standard-BD... Probably one of those deals where the wind is NW for an hour behind the boundary, then here comes the non-analyzed (by WPC ..jerks) obvious wind shift careening in from the NE ...

Either way, the high pressure does an end-around NE Maine so what's the difference I guess.  

Yeah I mentioned I was only going 70 or 80% Euro this morning in deference to climo.  The GFS has made the biggest total synoptic modulation over the last 2..3 cycles in even seeing the warm dome farther E across the continent -  I would hold back any notion that these 12z looks should have more confidence just because they look the same.  Smells like a model peregrinated accidental agreement.

Looks like that breaks down to me, prior to Wednesday though?   - that afternoon would roast in that look ( relative to climate), with west wind out of a big continental heat dome going fully offshore.