Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My girlfriend and I are going to Salem that weekend. Celebrating our one-year a little late. Speaking of 40's though...I've debated going bac to drinking a 40 during Bruins games this year. 

I went to Salem once on Halloween like 15 or 20 years ago...never again.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I went a few summers ago but obviously COVID restrictions held things down. 

What was your experience during Halloween? (We're going the weekend of Oct 22)

If you like being in extremely crowded places like this, then go..it's a zoo  .traffic is a nightmare..parking is a nightmare...loads of strange people..

New York People GIF

Dated, from 2017 but you get the idea.....

Salem Halloween Road Closures, Traffic | Salem, MA Patch

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

If you like being in extremely crowded places like this, then go..it's a zoo  .traffic is a nightmare..parking is a nightmare...loads of strange people..

New York People GIF

Dated, from 2017 but you get the idea.....

Salem Halloween Road Closures, Traffic | Salem, MA Patch

Yea, I guess it was fine to do once, just to say I have....but lots of inconvenience, which I don't tolerate as well as I did when I was younger. Thankfully, that was back in my drinking days.

37 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I went a few summers ago but obviously COVID restrictions held things down. 

What was your experience during Halloween? (We're going the weekend of Oct 22)

I went two years ago . Love it . Every sign on highway said “Salem’s closed “ lol . Got there ..Salem was open . Been there about 3x for Halloween...it’s fun . You can people watch or party or both . Wasn’t that crazy ...it’s not like fantasy fest in key west . Just people dressed up having fun . I parked 1/3 mile away and walked 10 min into the Madness and was easy to leave .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I went two years ago . Love it . Every sign on highway said “Salem’s closed “ lol . Got there ..Salem was open . Been there about 3x for Halloween...it’s fun . You can people watch or party or both . Wasn’t that crazy ...it’s not like fantasy fest in key west . Just people dressed up having fun . I parked 1/3 mile away and walked 10 min into the Madness and was easy to leave .

Well, two years ago was fresh on the heels of covid....so it probably wasn't that bad.

I think the first calendar year that could even potentially challenge 2022 for how boring it has been is 2006. Although, I would have to give the edge to 2022 because the former had the Feb snowstorm, and the epic May floods. This year had the blizzard that was only severe across the se third of the region, and a drought. Both had lame tropical seasons... I give the excitement edge to 2006.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

No warmth on that goofus run

Really rather remarkable comparing it’s 12z run, to the Euro’s, for D9…

just about as close to perfectly diametrical as could be physical achieved … and considering the enormous complexity that goes into both’s dynamical engines. It really almost can’t do that - yet … there it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BOX had a very difficult day. They said CT and MA would see showers and no one measured in those areas and said E areas would see more sun and no rain and BOS to Manchester down to pike had periods of rain that measured :lol:

Picked up .02" here.