Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, I’m still at the stage of figuring out what’s necessary and what’s just nice to have. 

I think the dehumidifier decision really depends on how dry your basement is and what you use it for.  Our house is quite small but has a full-size basement so we keep a lot stuff down there.  
Even though the basement is bone dry I still run a dehumidifier because of what’s stored down there.  I like to keep the basement 50% humidity or lower.  In the winter it only needs to be emptied once a week. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I know. Brutal out there. And now  flooding in SoCal from Kay…….although that will help the drought there.

I'm going to sound like a broken record this fall, but this isn't going to be a climo-rip-and-read la nina winter. I am pretty confident of that. The atmosphere is getting out ahead of the ocean.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There was some debate about ASOS warm bias but shave off a few degrees and it’s still wild. Just frying. 

I loved the slap down of Mass when he used 12z 850 mb sounding data instead of 00z to say that we were getting all-time record highs from non-record 850 temps. 

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

severe_ml_day7_gefso_091512.png

3% chance of seeing a scary looking cloud near EEN.

I wonder how that product handles high shear/low CAPE setups. Looks like a setup where we'll have nearby warm front with plenty of shear and should get some aided llvl CAPE boosting from high dewpoints and warmer waters. 

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Is this the equivalent of a Day 6 snowstorm on the models, or even less likely since we live in New England?

This isn't going to be an eye popping setup and it is still a week out so this could obviously change but it's been a signal for a few days. The overall look remains me of some of the fall setups we have seen to be getting the last several years. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I wonder how that product handles high shear/low CAPE setups. Looks like a setup where we'll have nearby warm front with plenty of shear and should get some aided llvl CAPE boosting from high dewpoints and warmer waters. 

I still need to really read into the under the hood stuff, but theoretically it is machine learning so it should know about all types of set ups.