Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

20 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Some good surf this weekend from Earl way offshore?

Nothing too big as  he curves E of Bermuda but Exposed South facing Beaches and SE facing will see fun sized swell prob starting Friday lasting into Sunday . Most regular folks would probably call it big waves . I’ll be there . 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My midea cube one pumps out 5 gals out of my basement every day in under 24hrs. I use all of that water for watering.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

The newer Dehumidifiers are more energy efficient as well, The older ones were a hog.

Ha, I just bought a midea.  Glad to hear you like it. My old one is like 20 years old and OMG it chews power.  I'd almost rather just run the risk of a little moisture than run that POS. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

My midea cube one pumps out 5 gals out of my basement every day in under 24hrs. I use all of that water for watering.

Do you run the line outside so it waters automatically or do you just empty the bucket every day manually?

I empty mine manually every day to water the row of Arborvitae’s but it’s a PITA. 

28 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I just bought a midea cube (50 pints) because I don't have a drainage area, so wanted to limit the amount of trips to empty it. Thanks for the suggestion. 

50 pints refers to the amount of water it theoretically can remove from the air in a day, not the amount it holds.

i know this because i just bought a brand hew dehumidifier 2 days ago and did a little research. the one I bought was list as 50 pints, but the bucket holds 15.

14 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

50 pints refers to the amount of water it theoretically can remove from the air in a day, not the amount it holds.

i know this because i just bought a brand hew dehumidifier 2 days ago and did a little research. the one I bought was list as 50 pints, but the bucket holds 15.

No, I meant the cube - That style of dehumidifer holds more water. I recently was runnign a 70 pint dehumidifer (bucket style) that I had to empty 2+ times a day. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Do you run the line outside so it waters automatically or do you just empty the bucket every day manually?

I empty mine manually every day to water the row of Arborvitae’s but it’s a PITA. 

I empty it into a tidy cat bucket. And yeah it’s a bit of a pain and you need to be careful setting the unit back onto the tub because of how heavy it is. It’d be difficult to use that way for an older person or someone without much strength. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You can see it in their graphic how extreme these readings are for the time of year with how they jet out from the curve.

Yeah those earlier 107F records were in June/July and more inline with when the average temp curve peaked… end of the first week of September though is wayyy off the chart relative to normal.

Edit: Although that June 15th 107F dot is also pretty far off the average mark.  It’s probably similar departure.

Just noticed that of the 5 times they’ve hit 107F on record, 4 of them have been last year or this year.  That’s statistically hard to believe but it’s where we are at in this climate.

• Like 1