Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wagons north 

Is this a defense mechanism?  Models have been smoking N.CT for over a day, they still crank inches later today and tonight.

I’m literally like three towns NE of you in CT right now and think it looks very favorable for heavy rain through Tuesday afternoon… What am I missing?

You’ve outlined every area from the NNE mtns to Jersey to Ray to BOS to Tan but have yet to ever mention CT as potential?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Is this a defense mechanism?  Models have been smoking N.CT for over a day, they still crank inches later today and tonight.

I’m literally like three towns NE of you in CT right now and think it looks very favorable for heavy rain through Tuesday afternoon… What am I missing?

Beer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You’ve outlined every area from the NNE mtns to Jersey to Ray to BOS to Tan but have yet to ever mention CT as potential?

You just don’t have any iota what you’re talking about .. lol Expecting 1-2” here 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lol… as his dead hydrangeas wash away from flash flooding, we’ll get this post or something similar:

” Absolutely no models had this, none. Nobody could have predicted this”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You just don’t have any iota what you’re talking about .. lol Expecting 1-2” here 

I give you credit for a consistent lack of meteorological reasoning and just going with your emotions.

Its convective, sure could only be 1.5” while a town away gets 4”.  But it’s hard to be sitting in NCT right now and be Debbie downing it while handing out congrats to every other area in any direction.  The only reasoning is a defense mechanism.

I’m leaving later to go north but I told my dad 1.5-3.0”, could go more than 3” if it all comes together.  There will be some heavy amounts in short duration bursts.  Could get shut out for a long time but then hammer off 2.5” in 90 minutes.

Briefly pouring here right now due south of Sturbridge/Southbridge, MA a mile under the state line.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

You guys should go to Electric Blue for a brew

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I give you credit for a consistent lack of meteorological reasoning and just going with your emotions.

Its convective, sure could only be 1.5” while a town away gets 4”.  But it’s hard to be sitting in NCT right now and be Debbie downing it while handing out congrats to every other area in any direction.  The only reasoning is a defense mechanism.

I’m leaving later to go north but I told my dad 1.5-3.0”, could go more than 3” if it all comes together.  There will be some heavy amounts in short duration bursts.  Could get shut out for a long time but then hammer off 2.5” in 90 minutes.

Glad you enjoyed your time in the beautiful hilltowns of NE CT . 

Hopefully your forecast will be better than mine . 

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Absolutely.

This is on the heels of "the heavy rain being from coastal CT to NYC and South" to "wagon's north".

It's the same thing as the "these always shift west (or East, North, South)".  Until they don't.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A whopping 0.13" since yesterday....dried out nicely, might end up with a nice day. Great practice for this winter, GFS and UKMET out to lunch so far down here. Only the first quarter, so we have plenty of time to catch up. 12z HRRR develops some storms later on, definitely flooding potential if that occurs as shown.