Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can deal...one of the final shots of that crap, despite what the confused emoji calvary thinks. 

I realize you said, "...One of the,"  because there are a handful of them out there - just so expectations are properly aligned with signaling.

The Euro was approaching a historic D7-10 suggestion last night.  It ejects a +20C 850 mb plume through NE during that time span amid a expansive circus tent heat bubble.  And it does have at least conceptual backing by its EPS ens.  

We're losing the sun ...f'n fast now. wow. But I've seen it be 80 in early November from these sort of weird late seen heat release synoptics, ...to mention that happened in February's recently too... so I don't even know why I'm saying this...  It can still get pig's bum sultry.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nothing shocks me anymore lol.

And it "only" took 20 years this time ... 

I'm sure we've all heard of the concept of copycat crime.   Basically, some innovated deviant afflicts some new fresh hell upon some one or some thing and it catches the envy of the general background deviancy that is far more ubiquitous in society than society really understands..  Eventually, variations on the original deviant's opus start occurring.   

It was going to be a matter of time before 9/11 Kamikaze's would surface too.  Probably would have happened sooner but ... heh, it's just a little harder of hijack air craft

Im watching him on flightaware.  He is over rural areas but in Ripley MS just SE of him is a Walmart.  It is not very easy to steal a King Air.  Turbo Prop Twin.  I have my private pilots license but could not just jump in a twin and fly away.
Could they shoot him down? What if he decides to head towards downtown area

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A few years ago a disgruntled employee in the Seattle area stole a plane and wound up crashing it.  I think he was the only life lost.  Sad times

Yeah. The video of that was crazy. He was doing somw crazy stuff like barrel rolls and flying upside down. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A few years ago a disgruntled employee in the Seattle area stole a plane and wound up crashing it.  I think he was the only life lost.  Sad times

Yeah he stole a commercial airline, I think it was Alaskan Air?  They had fighter jets with him and I think he even pulled off a full loop-de-loop in the thing… there’s some audio of the Air Force guys being like “That was nuts.”  Unfortunately he did crash it into an uninhabited island after trying a bunch of stunts.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah he stole a commercial airline, I think it was Alaskan Air?  They had fighter jets with him and I think he even pulled off a full loop-de-loop in the thing… there’s some audio of the Air Force guys being like “That was nuts.”  Unfortunately he did crash it into an uninhabited island after trying a bunch of stunts.

Humanity just doesn't think outside the box enough.  OR, they don't think morally responsibly - different gripe.  

But, it is within capability to outfit all locomotion conveyance means with automated shut down technology.  Problem solved...

Errant usage to accident prevention and back, from cars to rocket science, anything that demos uncontrolled or aberrant behavior, the stick freezes and in the case like this, the air plane's 'AI' shuts down manual control, takes over, finds the nearest landing facility and brings the fugger home.  

Tesla's close to succeeding in outfitting self-driving cars.... This wouldn't even take that same degree of complexity -

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Humanity just doesn't think outside the box enough.  OR, they don't think morally responsibly - different gripe.  

But, it is within capability to outfit all locomotion conveyance means with automated shut down technology.  Problem solved...

Errant usage to accident prevention and back, from cars to rocket science, anything that demos uncontrolled or aberrant behavior, the stick freezes and in the case like this, the air plane's 'AI' shuts down manual control, takes over, finds the nearest landing facility and brings the fugger home.  

Tesla's close to succeeding in outfitting self-driving cars.... This wouldn't even take that same degree of complexity -

The problem is think about if you hacked into those systems… you hack an airline’s AI that takes over control and you have some Tom Clancy novel stuff going on with terrorists remotely controlling a jetliner or something..  I think there’s strong resistance to allow a computer or outside entity take over manual controls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The problem is think about if you hacked into those systems… you hack an airline’s AI that takes over control and you have some Tom Clancy novel stuff going on.  I think there’s strong resistance to allow a computer or outside entity take over manual controls.  

I know a fair amount about aviation and it would be very hard to do with a plane all things considered.  It would much easier to do in a  a car than a plane.  Better yet and real easy is to just to put governors (is that the right word) in cars so they couldn't go way over the speed limit but keep police type vehicles able to go faster.  People would balk like crazy of big brother interference. 

Getting back to weather 12Z GFS coming in is putting down some big rain totals.  I will have image in a couple of minutes.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The problem is think about if you hacked into those systems… you hack an airline’s AI that takes over control and you have some Tom Clancy novel stuff going on with terrorists remotely controlling a jetliner or something..  I think there’s strong resistance to allow a computer or outside entity take over manual controls.

Those fail-safe tech are closed circuited to the craft.  There is no line of site -

that's the easy "sci fi" there lol.  

But you're right about the manual control and "fear" factor.  

44 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I know a fair amount about aviation and it would be very hard to do with a plane all things considered.  It would much easier to do in a  a car than a plane.  Better yet and real easy is to just to put governors (is that the right word) in cars so they couldn't go way over the speed limit but keep police type vehicles able to go faster.  People would balk like crazy of big brother interference. 

Getting back to weather 12Z GFS coming in is putting down some big rain totals.  I will have image in a couple of minutes.

My Silverado 2500 had a governor 100 max