Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shorts , tees , tans .. well into the night 

Hold up.  Don’t you bitch and moan that no one wants to wear hoodies in mid-summer when someone posts that its below 75F in the evening?

Then when you experience an afternoon high of 72F you wear shorts and tees “well into the night?”

Something isn’t adding up there… hmm, smells a bit weird out, kinda like we stepped in bullshit :lol:.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hold up.  Don’t you bitch and moan that no one wants to wear hoodies in mid-summer when someone posts that its below 75F in the evening?

Then when you experience an afternoon high of 72F you wear shorts and tees “well into the night?”

Something isn’t adding up there… hmm, smells a bit weird out, kinda like we stepped in bullshit?

I don't think he's ever said that 75 requires a hoodie..... Early summer it was like 55 during evenings which is when hoodies may be required

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I don't think he's ever said that 75 requires a hoodie..... Early summer it was like 55 during evenings which is when hoodies may be required

So like in summer and now, when do you guys put on hoodies because it seems like no matter what temperature it is you guys balk at the notion of hoodies?

Plenty of times we post in summer that it’s like upper 60s to low-70s at like 8pm and the comment is always comments that no one wants hoodies around the camp fire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

So like in summer and now, when do you guys put on hoodies because it seems like no matter what temperature it is you guys balk at the notion of hoodies?

Plenty of times we post in summer that it’s like upper 60s to low-70s at like 8pm and the comment is always comments that no one wants hoodies around the camp fire.

If it’s into the 40’s or 50’s during the day in spring and fall. Shorts season generally goes from late Morch/ early Nalril and you can usually stop wearing them at some point in November 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it’s into the 40’s or 50’s during the day in spring and fall. Shorts season generally goes from late Morch/ early Nalril and you can usually stop wearing them at some point in November 

Ok so summer evenings are no hoodies needed unless it’s 40s or 50s type cold as AWT.  Thanks for clearing it up. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro floods lol.

I mentioned this earlier but it's a sneaking trend... The whole idea of the frontal draping through the region with pooling theta-e and easterly anomalies ...blah blah, is just getting more robust in time.

I wonder if we're seeing the over-compensating run phenomenon at this point though??

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I see MVL has been bouncing around 57-64F depending on solar the past two hours.  Lots of variation in the 5-min temps.

59F at 12:30pm and 61F at 1:30pm.  Dews of 44F.

That’s some legit fall-like airmass.

I have 74F and low humidity in NE CT.

BDAE277D-9F6C-4E1C-A162-E273B86C6EA8.gif.c786b44af1efb042984b84dd2e00b705.gif

Just checked out the new Tree House Cider/wine place in Woodstock; spectacular day to be outside!

• Like 3

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I mentioned this earlier but it's a sneaking trend... The whole idea of the frontal draping through the region with pooling theta-e and easterly anomalies ...blah blah, is just getting more robust in time.

I wonder if we're seeing the over-compensating run phenomenon at this point though??

Subtle trend north last 18-24 hrs or so. Who knows with these cutoffs. But part of me hopes for a semi-entertaining solution to verify for once! Of course it may screw up Labor Day. 

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shorts and short sleeves 

I’m on the same page, just busting balls about summer radiational evenings.

I knew the forecast and didn’t even bring a hoodie down to CT.  T-shirts and shorts all the time.  I’ll do hoodie and shorts deep into fall even up north.  As long as you keep your core/organs and head warm, that’s all that matters.  I’ll hike in shorts until Nov as long as I’m moving and the core is layered warm.  Or shorts with like Under Armor base layer bottoms.  Look like a hippie on the Appalachian Trail a bit with tights and hiking shoes but I hate walking/hiking/active in pants.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m on the same page, just busting balls about summer radiational evenings.

I knew the forecast and didn’t even bring a hoodie down to CT.  T-shirts and shorts all the time.  I’ll do hoodie and shorts deep into fall even up north.  As long as you keep your core/organs and head warm, that’s all that matters.  I’ll hike in shorts until Nov as long as I’m moving and the core is layered warm.  Or shorts with like Under Armor base layer bottoms.  Look like a hippie on the Appalachian Trail a bit with tights and hiking shoes but I hate walking/hiking/active in pants.

Scooter wears jeans in the 50’s and 60’s . And he’s a heater . He’s never understood the style/ fashion of wearing a pullover or sweatshirt or even an Untuckit long sleeve with shorts 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Scooter wears jeans in the 50’s and 60’s . And he’s a heater . He’s never understood the style/ fashion of wearing a pullover or sweatshirt or even an Untuckit long sleeve with shorts 

I wear shorts as long as I can. But to have a set date to wear a certain type of clothes, is unsettling.

• Confused 1

Temperatures stayed in the low 60's today.  Fall is in the air.  This is perfect weather as far as I am concerned. We have just had enough rain to keep the fields green but our man made pond has totally dried up, so much so I  mowed the whole thing.  This happens in some years at the end of summer but I would welcome 6" rain.  

Sept 1 2022.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll take the euro qpf map in Dec at 30F please. 

One of those storms in 2015's bomb February actually was like that... It was almost entirely driven by a flat-wave and a cold high situated N, with east fetch coming into a teens air mass... It looked a lot like that yup.   We got about 15 -20" lollypops pan wide out of that...