Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

51 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Blasphemy.

September is easily the best month. 

September has the greatest proportion of sunlight here - fewer total hours than the longer days of met summer, but those 3 months are dominated by partly cloudy.  September is usually the pause between puffy cumulus and fall storms.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If the tropics fail, its brutal.

10 minutes ago, tamarack said:

September has the greatest proportion of sunlight here - fewer total hours than the longer days of met summer, but those 3 months are dominated by partly cloudy.  September is usually the pause between puffy cumulus and fall storms.

It’s usually quiet here, but I love the wx. Even if we have above average temps, the days and evenings are fantastic on balance. 

October has produced some GREAT storms recently.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:17 AM, tamarack said:

That’s pretty interesting.   I never thought about it that way before

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hopefully the October run continues. That was an awesome storm.

I missed that...was in Uganda, but it seemed impressive. It had actually tore the cover off of my central AC piping outside. Anything that causes any type of wind damage in my neck of the woods gets noticed....up there with the Feb 2010 wind event.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Football and coc…a great month to be alive. 

September is one of the best months. Football begins, baseball in the home stretch. Cooler nights, warm days with the gradual step down from nasty summer to comfy sleeping weather. 
Sure it doesn’t produce the most prolific storms if there isn’t any tropical action but 75% of the months around here are generally boring the same way. At least we’re heading towards more action as opposed to March/April when we’re just heading to more boredom. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1