• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

To those of you who don't realize how scary of a situation this is. My folks, and my brother his wife and their three young girls live in Cape Coral. They're in direct path of the storm. They were not notified of an evacuation until yesterday around 5:00 p.m. and it was too late at that time for them to evacuate. Roads were already flooded.. didn't want to risk driving with sporadic tornadoes. The point is, the evacuations weren't put up for them until late afternoon yesterday. Now they're hunkered down in their home and they're contingency plan is to go into the Attic if the flood waters get too high. For those of you were saying let's go... bring on the storm.. or can't wait to see what kind of damage it does, I tell you to pray instead. I'm one of the biggest Weather Geeks you'll ever find, and I find every storm fascinating and exciting. This time, I'm terrified. They're very responsible people put in a very unfortunate circumstance. And I'm guaranteeing you that most people are in the same shoes as they are. The storm is no joke, and all I'm praying for is that they're safe when this is over. Please pray my friends, please pray for them.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

It's going to be bad! My aunt and uncle just returned to Longboat Key from Tennessee day before yesterday (Why..no clue) and now complaining they can't get fuel. Some people just don't take things seriously

Some just think its going to miss there area it seems, You're at your own risk if you remain because there was plenty warning well ahead of time for this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My old place in Naples is under a mandatory evacuation. Of course there was never interesting wx while I was down there. Looks like the ASOS is struggling to stay online, but they've had a gust to 62mph so far.

My sister in law is in Holiday at her Bro in laws. Their house is in Port Richey 

Screenshot_20220928-102136_RadarScope.jpg

• Confused 1

My brother lives in lake Wales looks like he is going to get nailed trying to get him to leave.. he lives in a double wide and I'm extremely worried for him.. depending how things look today might book a flight to south Carolina but would have to be a cat 1 or 2 by the time it gets there to make it worth it

• Sad 1

My nephew and his family live in Northport.  They are a few miles inland and supposedly at about 20 feet of elevation.  They are both nurses at an area hospital.  His wife is on duty now while he is at home with the kids.  At some point my nephew will have to go in to relieve the on duty team so they were not able to evacuate.  Going to be a rough ride for them.

33 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Capitalizing on others misery for "business needs", quite.

Not quite unless your doing a very base level comparison. Now dig a bit deeper:

Buying up real estate of directly impacted victims for individual gain VS storm chasing and gathering and collecting data to improve the understanding of tropical cyclones. so, not quite. My assumption is that Josh does not need people to suffer in order to do what he does, that's just an unfortunate reality of intense tropical storms striking populated regions. Meh

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah, has nothing to do with running a business model for clickbait, adsense and even movies. :weenie:  it's all about collecting data

So it sounds like capitalizing on the existence of a storm, and not other's misery? I honestly don't even watch his stuff, or have seen whatever clickbait he uses. I'm just using common sense, and saying that its more of a gray area. It's not exactly the same scenario. The real estate dude requires people to suffer in order to capitalize. Doesn't seem like a storm chaser does. 

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

To those of you who don't realize how scary of a situation this is. My folks, and my brother his wife and their three young girls live in Cape Coral. They're in direct path of the storm. They were not notified of an evacuation until yesterday around 5:00 p.m. and it was too late at that time for them to evacuate. Roads were already flooded.. didn't want to risk driving with sporadic tornadoes. The point is, the evacuations weren't put up for them until late afternoon yesterday. Now they're hunkered down in their home and they're contingency plan is to go into the Attic if the flood waters get too high. For those of you were saying let's go... bring on the storm.. or can't wait to see what kind of damage it does, I tell you to pray instead. I'm one of the biggest Weather Geeks you'll ever find, and I find every storm fascinating and exciting. This time, I'm terrified. They're very responsible people put in a very unfortunate circumstance. And I'm guaranteeing you that most people are in the same shoes as they are. The storm is no joke, and all I'm praying for is that they're safe when this is over. Please pray my friends, please pray for them.

Similar thing happened to my brother in law and his family, they thought they could go to a shelter where it's safer and they're all closed so they're forced to hunker down in their house and pray, my wife said this is pretty scary for them and they've been through a few bad storms living down there. He's especially worried about the storm surge where he lives.