Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t think it’s a west Gulf pattern either but we don’t even have a LLC yet. There’s going to be plenty of spread at this range. 

My first speculative guess would be a LF on the FL/AL line, through GA into the coastal Carolinas and barely OTS up here. 

I think its an E GOM deal, too, but I wouldn't rule out some interaction with the northern Yucatan or western Cuba....all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Swell 15.2 feet at 13 seconds SSE swell off SE coast Bouy 
Texas Tower by Long Island will start pinging the SSE swell Now and build it later this evening 

High Surf Advisory RI coast this eve thru Friday eve 

Should be one of the largest swells in years. Lots of wash overs and beach erosion. Long period swells are very energetic.

14 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Should be one of the largest swells in years. Lots of wash overs and beach erosion. Long period swells are very energetic.

I wasn’t sure on what size will be when it hits RI but the angle should be south which is solid and I’m hopeful for 10 feet breakers .  There won’t be many unsuspecting swimmers out tommorrow , as it will be 60 at beach but that is always funny to see if a swell has 5 min breaks between sets

98L surface circulation looks good this afternoon.  NE wind shear from the outflow of Fiona is blowing thunderstorms off to the SW.  That shear will start weakening and then we should be off to the races.  If there is any trend in the models today it would seem that this system might be tracking a bit further north as it approaches the West Caribbean.   The Euro also has that trough over the Great Lake area a bit sharper and digging a bit further south.  So perhaps a track further up the coast verses a slowing and weakening system at landfall down south somewhere.  That is at least my take in the situation.  Levi on Tropical Tidbits has a new discussion out.  I think it was created before the 12Z Euro run.